x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Need help with a new device

ste4000
ste4000 Page Icon Posted 2009-05-19 11:33 AM
#
I have recently bought a new device from my friend. The device is running Windows CE 5.0. It starts and runs ok but if you shut it down and then turn it back on it will revert to the factory default settings? I have tested this by deleting a shortcut from the desktop then turning the device off (in the proper way, start, shut down). Then when i turn the device back on everything is how it was origionally. Can anybody help please?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-05-19 11:48 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to CE5 support
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-05-19 3:23 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

This seems to be the way a lot of these CE 5 "Webbooks" are designed - no suspend mode. My RazorBook works that way too. It's a royal pain.

I don't know if there's a solution, because I doubt that there's a way to create a suspend mode through software.
 Top of the page
ste4000
ste4000 Page Icon Posted 2009-05-20 8:52 PM
#
I am looking for a MID next, maybe an AIGO P8860 and load XP onto it. Anybody know if this would do the same thing? What is the reason that certain HPC's reset all settings after a power cycle?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8