x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MP900c- Can't enter WEP Encrytption key under CE.Net 4.2

markw Page Icon Posted 2009-05-26 10:19 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have one MP900 running CE 3.0 and another running CE.Net 4.2. I bought an Avaya Wireless Gold Card (classic) and downloded the appropriate drivers to the MobilePros from the HPCFactor Hardware Compatibility Site. The drivers (CE 3.0 and CE 4.0) installed fine on their respective machines. However, while the client software for the CE 3.0 MobilePro alows me to enter a WEP encryption key, the client software for the CE.Net machine greys-out this field (i.e., does not allow me to enter anything), even though I selected WEP Encryption. I have tired every combination of other options allowed by the client software (shared/open, access point, peer-to-peer, PEAP, etc.), but there is no combination that opens up the encryption-key field.
Anyone else experience this problem, or know of a compatible driver/client software (WaveLan/Orinoco?) that will let me enter an encrytption key and is compatible with the Avaya Wireless Gold Card? Thanks!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-05-26 12:44 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Did you try running the CE3 driver on the 4.2 machine?
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-05-26 1:27 PM
#
H/PC Elite

There is a bug in the interface such that the encryption text box is disabled. Push Alt-K twice in that dialog, and then you will be able to enter the key.
 Top of the page
markw Page Icon Posted 2009-05-27 3:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for your help, guys!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-05-27 4:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Isotherm, is that standard using the Avaya Gold card? Sounds like a good note for the HCL info...
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-05-28 12:16 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Anyone using the Wireless Zero Config (meaning not a manufacturer driver utility) would have this problem on 900C. Maybe other CE.NET that aren't up to date are affected as well.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9