x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J720 Microphone Issues

dougzy Page Icon Posted 2009-05-28 8:01 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hello everyone, I come bearing more problems -

I have been having trouble with recording on my Jornada 720 since it arrived. It either records my voie along with very heavy static or just records static and a 'purring' sound in the background. The latter has been happening more frequently and I have been unable to try out the excellent quality recording some users have described. I have tried every recording format and other options but the static remains. Is this a hardware problem or is there something I am doing wrong as it would be really useful if I was able to record notes without being deafened by white noise. I am willing to open the beast up if thats what it comes to but hopefully there is an easier path to take.
 Top of the page
dougzy Page Icon Posted 2009-06-11 4:18 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Has nobody else experienced a similar problem?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-06-12 10:51 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The mic hands off the motherboard of the device and is very susceptable to damage via impact. Chacnes are that the connectors/joins have become damaged and you'll need to fix/replace the pickup in order to clear the problem us.

The other thing to reaslise is that the audio system componends on the 700 series were never of that good quality. The devices seem rife with poor sound and problems in the audio subsystem, unlike NEC's which to my reconing are of a far higher standard.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9