x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

A Request: Anyone with a Palm PC, Palm-Size PC or P/PC

1 2
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 8:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

All right, sit down... Breath hard... have a paper bag...

I'll accept your jibes with good humour (then ban you )

I'm looking for anyone with one of the devices below - with the ability to move data on and off of it

1. Palm PC (CE2.01 Casio E-10/E-11/E-15 for example)

2. Palm-Size PC (e.g. CE2.11 hp Jornada 420)

3. PPC2000 (e.g.... oh come on)

4. PPC2002 (e.g. )

5. PPC2003 SE (e.g. now you're taking the mick)

I'm ok for PPC2003 First Edition as I can just harass Clinton for it.

What I'm looking to do is expand the CE history article with "the range" so that we can show PPC users 'side by side' just what they're missing. I couldn't possibly Buy one of the above - you'd all leave in despair.

If anyone has an English language of the above and is willing to spend a few minutes, please let me know.

Thanks!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 9:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i don't have any of these but i have friends who'd be willing to help. just tell me what they have to do. wm2003 and wm2003 SE is possibly covered then and maybe others too.
(note, it is not ppc2003! )

btw, i almost believed you want to buy one of these!!
 Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 9:37 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I got a Handspring Visor Platinum laying around somewhere.
wanna do PalmOS as well, while your at it.
what about windows 1.0 , 2.0, 3.1 etc? got those as well?

There is a little more then what you state too.
what about Sega DreamCast, Windows Embedded?

Anyway, you can bug me on wm2k3 as well, ipaq 2210.

Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 11:55 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have an HP Jornada 548 that I still use. Nice device - screen is too small and is only 4K colors, but at least I have a Targus keyboard for it so I can actually type! It's a PPC 2000 device based on the Hitachi SH3 chip. I got the Jornada originally because it had the same CPU type as my good old Casio A-11 H/PC (may it rest in peace ) and it would run much of the software I already had for WinCE. I couldn't live without Freecell from my copy of Entertainment Pack for Windows CE!

(As a side note, Entertainment Pack for CE runs just fine on my NEC MobilePro 780 as well as my Jornada 548, in spite of what the MickeySoft Knowledgebase article says about needing to upgrade. Have to use Nyditot to play anything but Freecell on the PPC tho. )
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 12:00 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Okay. I have a Cassiopeia E-700WE (Pocket PC 2000), NTT Docomo G-FORT (PPC 2000), and Casio E-125 (Pocket PC 2000) They are all very similar, but E-700WE is the thinnest, lightest, and has SD Memory slot only. G-FORT and E-125 are the pdas I got from a nice guy for free, and has CF slot. I really like the G-FORT's screen, it's the best in my 3 pdas. Those three have 65K and MIPS 4200 Processors (all 150Mhz)...

Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 12:59 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I have A Jornada 420 admittly, closest thing to a hpc, its like a jornada 680 that someone sqaushed into a piddle pc.........
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 2:30 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Matrixcore reporting commander!, I've an ipaq 3630 (PPC2k2) ready to take orders!

Hope this helps

BTW - Forgot to tell, Memory and processor-wise, it's the same than a J720: 32mb RAM, StrongARM 206 Mhz

Edited by matrixcore 2005-06-07 2:49 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 1:04 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hi and thanks all, appreciate this.

What I'm looking for is uncompressed BMP files (they zip well) of the Microsoft OS and Microsoft apps on the systems - this can include the non-rom things like media player on some versions, terminal server etc.

I don't need the OEM specific applications

See http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/windowsce/wince30/ for the sorts of things I mean, the more schots the better is all I can think to say.

If you need a screen shot app I can provide a cab for it. To get a shot of the welcome app, just start > run > welcome (as applicable to the OS).

If you can zip them / rar them up and mail them to me I would be greatful. It goes without saying that we'll give credit to you on the page.

Cheers
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 6:17 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have one iPAQ 3870 (lucky b******d?) with Windows Mobile 2003 on it as a recent update, the question is, what do you wish for me to copy to you? Do you want me to copy the ENTIRE windows directory? Or specific applications? Or the unit? (you'll have to see me for that and make sure I'll get it back! )
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 6:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

huh?
I'm looking for screen shots here
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 7:43 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have added some more CE5 screenshots this morning should anyone be interested.

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/windowsce/wince50/
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-08 11:26 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK, today i think i can talk to my friend with a wm2003SE device, as it hasn't been covered yet i'm sure he'll be willing to help

CE 5.0 is nice... though it almost looks the same as hpc2000, for me. but i did notice msn messenger with sip or w/e and some certificates in the control panel... hmmmmm definitely interesting
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-08 3:20 PM
#
H/PC Elite

could you tell me where to get SS app? i'm willing to help, but unfortunately, my laptop's hdd got screwed and i lost my entire CE software archive

Thanks a lot
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-08 5:14 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

PM me a mail address and what CE / CPU you need it for and I'll send it (no GMail)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-11 6:57 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie, have you received my screenshots of wm2003SE yet?
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.226 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 13