x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mintpad has a WinCE native mode

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4
Frozen
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-03-10 8:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Make sure you've enabled viewing of all files, thcrw739 - or, better yet, use Total Commander or GSFinder+ to make sure all files are in view including hidden ones.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-10 9:25 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I've googled around about this .hex firmware but cant find much.
you think 58.3 mb is large enough to be a whole rom file, or just their updates and overlay?
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-10 9:32 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2010-03-10 12:53 PM

Make sure you've enabled viewing of all files, thcrw739 - or, better yet, use Total Commander or GSFinder+ to make sure all files are in view including hidden ones.

Yeah i did enable hidden files, for the time being im using the pc/active sync based reg editor i mentioned earlier in the thread.

Till i learn about the whole program install by ripping apart the cab file thing, The on board reg editors TC,GS & the like wont install, get the Ole not valid message.

I might do it the long way just to recheck by looking threw the mint pad with the file explorer, but i didn't see a my documents and settings folder when i was browsing before.

If it helps, i know if i install any software that will, not very much.. It will install but have to go into file explorer to run it, but it does stay after reboot, just no control panel settings.

Mintpass does tell you on the site, to have the program in their program menu ui, to edit this xml file.

Edited by thcrw739 2010-03-10 9:43 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-10-10 8:04 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I picked up one of these recently, but maybe it's the older model, since I don't see any direct way to get into the Windows CE core interface. Is there a way?
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2010-10-10 3:03 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Was it used or new?

I dont think there was a old model.

I don't recall exactly now if this was the issue, but you may need to update it to a newer firmware or "funware" as they call it at the mintpad english site.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-10-10 7:54 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

If that's part of the mintpass.com site, then I may be SOL, because that site doesn't seem to exist any more. (That was one of the first things I looked for - a ROM update.)

What is cool about the device, though, is that it is recognized in both Windows CE and desktop Windows as a mass storage device, so I can read, execute, and copy files from it on another CE device.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2010-10-15 1:22 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Try again, Checked the site this morning and it's back up.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-10-16 8:05 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Thanx, thcrw739. Turns out what I really needed was the manual, which is also available there. Now I know how to navigate the UI. Been having fun with it all day.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-11-04 4:39 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

A bit late coming, but -

Moved to Windows CE 5.0

thcrw739, how did you manage to get it to sync via ActiveSync? Obviously it can't be done while the overlaying UI is running, so I tried killing Launcher.exe (the executable that launches the MintPad UI) so that only explorer.exe is running - but then there's no connection at all via the USB cable. ActiveSync can't find the device when I try to initiate it from the PC, and nothing happens when I tap on repllog.exe on the device.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-11-04 5:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Ah, never mind - found it:

http://forum.pocketables.net/showthread.php?t=3605

Only problem, of course, is as thcrw739 points out - the device dumps the identifying info you enter each time it's shut down. (Well, that and the fact that you can only sync files. Right now I'm working on getting TecAce cePIMS working on it, to see if that syncs.) However, the "auto-shutoff" mode seems to be a true suspend, as it preserves everything where you leave off while not running the battery down.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 8