x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Upgrading/Modding decisions

Emission
Emission Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 9:36 PM
#
Ive had my Jornada 680e for a while now, and it seems to be getting a little dull. Its not a good media player due to no clarity in the tiny speaker, and or no speaker jack. Although there is a LOT of software for HPC Pro, there is not a big variety of games (Handheld PCs are decent gaming devices ) .

Although, Im hearing a lot of good things about the HPC 2000 OS. It has a lot of advantages, in a few ways. And, ive had my eye on the NEC MobilePro 790 for a while. Although its put down for its size, the screen makes for easier browsing of web pages and readability of documents. Also, the keyboard is a large plus, because its a larger, easier to type keyboard, then the Jornada 6xx/7xx series. It also seems that I can get one for a decent price.

Now for some modding questions. Ive been wondering if it was worth *spiffing up* my Jornada instead of replacing it. The one *mod* I was thinking of is painting the unit. It seems a bit too much of a hassle to disassemble it and start the whole process, and I came upon this paint....mm..Krylon Fusion I beleve. It was designed to paint plastic patio chairs, tables, and such (It *bonds* to the material), and I was wondering if it would be an alternative to paint it with the Krylon Fusion. By the way, Krylon Fusion comes in a can as spray paint, so it seems a lot easier.

Any suggestions on which way I should head?
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 1:07 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

tye die it and call it nacy !
 Top of the page
Emission
Emission Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 6:53 AM
#
Lol. I just noticed this is off-topic. . Could someone move this post to the appropriate...err...place?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 8:11 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i think the best you can do is upgrade to hpc2000 really lot of advantages there!
the MP would be ideal if it had more resolution for the bigger screen... but it doesn't so i'm sticking to my jornadas but if you really feel this way go for one! do not hesitate any further!
 Top of the page
Emission
Emission Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 3:21 PM
#
Thanks for the feedback cmonex . I originally felt a need to go bigger, like the Mobilepro. Maybe ill wait a while see if there are a few decent ones.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8