x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

32 GB Hitachi HDD - Can I use it somehow in 720 ?

294827614 Page Icon Posted 2009-06-21 5:51 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

First at all - this is my first post in your Forum! I found it by googling and I think it is very useful. It is a great forum!!! =)

Second: Sorry for my English, I'm 17 years old German! =)

But now I'd like to start. In 2008 I bought myself an Archos 404 MP4 player! One of my friends screwed it up by sitting with his fat ass on the display of it - display broken. Repair would have cost around 150€ which wasn't acceptable for me as a student (and as a person that likes to be up to date with the gadgets) so I bought some months later myself an iPod Touch 16 Gig.

Now back to the Hitachi - I took the ARCHOS and pulled out everything that was in it - but I destroyed the mainboard somehow.. and now I can't find it. The only thing except the Archos case and Display is the Hitachi HDD. It has 32 GB, which would be enough for using in Jornada 720 and not too much that would cause that it wouldn't get recognized by it.

The HDD is as big and tall as the PCMCIA-cards (I've got a picture which shows an cf to pcmcia adapter and this hdd) but it has a strange connector, I don't know what I could do with it... and it is not as long as an usual pcmcia card..

Do you have any plan if I could use it in my Jornada ? If not, maybe as an external / internal HDD for my notebook / desktop ? would be nice to use that thing.. Would be even nicer if I really could manage to get it working in my Jornada 720!!!!!

Kind regards from Germany

edit: what I forgot to post the picture ? hmm ^^ Sorry for that =)

Edited by 294827614 2009-06-21 5:57 AM
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2009-06-29 1:57 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

probably your best bet would be to use it on your laptop or desktop. From what I've been able to gather the only possible solution would be a CF to USB converter but then that makes the jornada sit funny. i bet you can find a USB enclosure for it and use it for your pc. here's a link to first one that came up in my search http://www.cubeternet.com/servlet/Detail?no=26
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-06-29 4:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

And CF-to-USB adapters are rare and expensive.
 Top of the page
294827614 Page Icon Posted 2009-07-03 6:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

cf-to usb arent that expensive, if you know, where to get those!

The thing is: would it really work ? I mean it has another connector-thing as you can see. its like a cable thing that you can clip on the hdd or clip it off from it.. Is there any connector-thing or what it's called, for the use of USB ? That would be cool!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.407 - Cached queries : 39 - Executed queries : 31