x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows ce based all in one gps.

NYGPS Page Icon Posted 2009-06-23 9:59 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I bought this cheap all in one gps system from ebay about 2 months ago and it was working fine until this past week the screen has been turning white all I can see is a white screen with line, I tried to reset it and it worked for 10 mins and then the screen goes blank it plays cd's and gps works the screen responds to touches. I unplugged the unit and let it cool and plugged it back in and it worked fine I also noticed that it doesnt have a fan on the back just a hole. I am so confused what the problem is if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-06-23 10:23 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Definitely sounds like a hardware problem...one not easily fixed...better get it repaired while your warranty is good, unless you got it used...in which case you are probably out of luck

But you might try attaching a small cooling fan to it and see what happens, or maybe try a lower voltage power supply...
 Top of the page
NYGPS Page Icon Posted 2009-06-23 4:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

i was thinking about a 120mm cpu fan to the back, i am gonna try it today. i tried to contact the manufacturer but no luck.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.160 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9