x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows CE and facebook

1 2
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-06-26 2:47 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi,
I'd like to know if someone have had any chance to run facebook on Sigmarion III and NEC 900c succesfully with Opera.

It sometimes works other doesn't and when it loads some frames are not tappable even on some menu.

Is there anyone that has solved this problem?
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-06-30 8:00 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Nobody can help?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-06-30 8:47 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

I dont even have a facebook registration but does it not have a mobile version (for iphone crap etc)?

Edited by cmonex 2009-06-30 8:47 AM
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-06-30 4:54 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

But desktop versione of other sites load well, why don't facebook?
 Top of the page
bubzie5 Page Icon Posted 2009-07-09 10:59 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

You can run facebook through IE Mobile on windows ce fine and Opera 8.65 is even better so you should not have a problem but if you are referring if facebook has an application for windows ce like on the iphone then no.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-07-09 11:57 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Facebook is an AJAX heavy mess, if you don't have adequate JavaScript and XML support then your browser cannot parse the FB API properly. CE4 and higher should be able to do that. By default however, most CE3 devices don't even have MSXML 1 support. You really need MSXML 4 for standards compliancy.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-07-15 2:15 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

But this problem affects also Opera. Is there an upgrade of MSXML ?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-07-15 2:56 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Only the one in H/PC:Update, but I doubt it will do you any good as it's 2.5 not 4.0 and it doesn't touch upon the css issues and shortfalls in Trident.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-11-23 3:35 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Facebook now seems to work fine on Windows CE devices like NEC 900c. Just one thing, on notebook in facebook home page at left bottom of the screen there is a tab for the chat. On Facebook you load on NEC 900c this tab it is not present even if you load the complete web site in desktop version. The question in how come if it is the same you load on normal notebook?
Maybe it need a different application tu run facebook chat?
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-11-27 4:04 AM
#
H/PC Elder

The chat is probs javascript heavy...

You thought of trying to make palringo run (will defo run with redgear but guess may need some work to run on Sig3). Palringo supports Facebook chat (also msn, yahoo, aim, jabber, icq etc. etc.)

John
 Top of the page
Deb
Deb Page Icon Posted 2009-11-29 3:03 AM
#
Hi I have an Augen netbook and it has windows ce 5 on it and I can't get into the games on face book to play them. It just brings up a blank page where the game shoud be. Can anyone tell me how to fix this.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-11-29 5:50 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The games are most probably either heavily AJAX based or Flash based. You will not have much luck with the former and would need to get a working compatible flash player for the latter.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-11-29 4:18 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I downloaded Parlingo but it says it is not valid windows ce application thought it is for WM 2003SE.

I googled it and read that someone had to hack it in order to run on Windows CE 4.2.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-11-30 11:59 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have found modified Parlingo for CE Net, it installs but when launching it gives error and execheck reports api.dll that can't be loaded and cellcoredll.dll is missing two functions.

I tried to replace cellcoredll.dll with some into a package found onto cmonex site but error is still there. Regarding api.dll i tried to move it inside windows dir but it also still gives error.

I have installed parlingo onto Sd card though.
 Top of the page
QuagmireMan Page Icon Posted 2009-12-01 2:22 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Try using lite.facebook.com

I use this even on my laptop, just because I do not need all the other crap fb wants to load.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.273 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 31