x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-06-26 5:17 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I picked this up yesterday:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=280302394988

Figured it'd be a nice alternative to a conventional mouse with my USB-enabled CE devices. Well, I'm getting varying results so far:

Fujitsu Stylistic CT2020 and Psion Netbook Pro: works perfectly out of the box
NEC 900C: no visible cursor; can't tell if it's working (might need to try it without the gwes.exe.0409.mui with the invisible mouse cursor )
Sigmarion III, Intermec 6651, Hitachi ePlate HPW-600ETM: waaay too sensitive (cursor jumps all over the place, but mostly fully vertical movements)
NEC 800: jumps around similarly, except that I can't seem to see the mouse cursor there either

I suppose it could be differences in the USB mouse DLLs between the devices, but I'm wondering if there's a way to adjust mouse sensitivity in the registry in the devices that don't have Control Panel applets for mouse settings.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-06-26 7:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Nice HCL it when you get a chance (and the console works)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-06-26 7:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

What if you're left handed?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-06-26 9:03 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, in that case I guess the manufacturer gives you the finger.

Depending on what surface you plan to use it against, you might be able to use it under instead of over the finger.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.160 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8