x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Modifying AVIC-S2 ROM

[Frozen]
Frozen
ronb94 Page Icon Posted 2009-06-26 9:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,
I have installed iGO8 and miomap on my AVIC-S2(all is runnig from the SD card).
And make some modification to the windows folder:
I changed some image files(bmp),mui and ppath.txt(the most important file that I edited, tells from where to run the programs.)
I am very happy with the result , here is a pic if someone interested:

But every hard reset the windows folder restores to the default that is located in the ROM.
And I need to recopy again the files from the computer.
So I am thinking about modifying the ROM that way the default windows folder will contains my edited files and I will not need to recopy them each hard reset.
The solutions I thought about:
1. Modifying the winceimg.bin.
I could not open this with anything.Is it possible?
2. Making my own winceimg.bin and winceimg.cks.
cmonex made those files from a ROM dump (http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=12835&posts=15&start=1).
How to do this?
I thought that for this I will need the whole windows folder but there are some files that cannot be copied
3.I found this:http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20859
I am not going to pay to someone to do this for me. But he is talking about "prepare" card.
Maybe its possible make a file that will run from the SD card that will change all those files I need?

Option 2 seems to me the most realistic but I don't know how to do this.I even cant get some files copied from the windows folder.
Maybe there is another option or my theory is good just need to find how to do this?
Thanks

Edited by ronb94 2009-06-26 9:51 PM
 Top of the page
ronb94 Page Icon Posted 2009-06-28 9:26 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have found cmonex's amazing tutorial about the ROM making but I ran into problems from the beginning.
From the tutorial i understood that i need a bin or nb0 file from the ROM.
I used the bkondisk program to dump the rom in my avic s2 and I got 5 .IMG files. 1 is 225 mb another is 23.7 mb and the others are very small(128kb).
Which one should I use?
After that I have to directly convert the file to NB0 or I need to cut some parts from it?
Thanks
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-06-28 10:12 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

I replied to your PM (but please reply in email instead of PM.)

Edited by cmonex 2009-06-28 10:14 AM
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9