x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

900c, Linksys WPC11 Help

vladimyr Page Icon Posted 2009-07-02 12:47 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hiya,

I was using my 900c and setting up the Linksys WPC11 ver. 3 using the Prismnds.dll and instructions from UsedHandhelds.com (where I got it from) and when I was entering in my settings, I had a unexpected tremor (from my illness), and the window closed. Honestly not sure if I hit enter or escape.

Anyway, how can I edit those settings. When I go into network setup, and choose the ISLP21 connection, it only has options for IP Address and Name Servers, when I need to actually re-setup the Wireless Information and Wireless Network Properties. How do I access that window again? I'm assuming the data is stored in the registry, since deleting the DLL and re-installing had no effect.

Hopefully someone can help me, as I'm often stuck in bed and I rely on my wireless devices to prevent boredom.

Thanks in advance,
Vladimyr
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2009-07-02 1:14 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

prismnds is equivalent to islp2nds. You only need one. Installing both does not bring you good but probably the opposite.
 Top of the page
vladimyr Page Icon Posted 2009-07-02 3:22 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have never installed islp2nds. Copying prismnds.dll is the only installing I have done for networking.

I figured that ISLP21 was just the name of the wireless connection.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-07-02 10:23 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The original 900C devices did not have built in drivers for wireless support. As NEC finetuned their version for the Mobilepro, they added the ISLP21 to the ROM software listing...hence automatically supporting the WPC11v3 cards.

The PrismNDS.dll Usedhandhelds gives out with their cards was actually the driver that I extracted from the Linksys WCF11 cab file and sent to them as the prismnds.dll from the CE3 wpc11 download did not work with the 900C.

After NEC upgraded their CE.NET...the download from UHH became unnecessary, except for those old machine that still carried the original CE.NET build. Installing the PrismNDS doesn't interfere...but it just takes up space. In any event...a hard reset would delete the PrismNDS from memory...
 Top of the page
vladimyr Page Icon Posted 2009-07-02 12:31 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I was hoping to avoid a hard reset.

I was hoping that someone could tell me how to get that window open again, or failing that, what set of information I need to look for in the Registry, and if it's stored in multiple places.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-07-02 2:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Assuming your 900C has the latest CE.NET with"built in" wifi drivers, or that you are using CMonex v2, you can go to the "Remove Programs" in the control panel and remove the Linksys stuff there. If you are using the original CE.NET OS, then the easiest thing is to simply reinstall the drivers from the CD. Otherwise, other residual files to remove are in the Windows folder.

Go to the Windows folder and manually delete the files you added if you used the Linksys installer that came on the UHH CD. Those files would be WCF11CFG.CPL, WCF11IOC.DLL, WCF11NDS.DLL, WCF11RES.DLL, WCF11STA.EXE.

In the registry, under HKey_Local_Machine, remove the keys/data for HKey_Local_Machine\comm\cxport and HKey_Local_Machine\comm\wcf11 and HKey_Local_Machine\comm\wcf11\linkage. Also remove keys/data for HKey_Local_Machine\comm\wcf111\ and HKey_Local_Machine\comm\wcf111\parms. Finally remove all info for hkey_local_machine\drivers\pcmcia\the_linksys_group*

Perform a warm reset and all should be okay.

On a side note I'd like to encourage any new 900C user to simply make sure they are using CMonex v2 as it includes all the additional libraries needed to run HPC 2000 software without the need to manually install anything. It is the easiest way to gain full software compatibility with most commonly used applications.
 Top of the page
vladimyr Page Icon Posted 2009-07-03 9:51 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you very much. Deleting those worked and I was able to re-set up my connection properly.

I do have one final question however.

For some reason, I often get the message 'This page cannot be displayed', but after trying to reload it usually goes away and loads up fine. Sometimes it seems to take quite a few refreshes to work though...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-07-03 12:07 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

What type of error causes it? 404, 403, 500? Probably just delays grabbing the web page from your server. Try your Mobilepro on a different wireless network and see what happens...nearly any delay can cause those errors...

But for the rest of you...check out this error: http://www.ziff.net/404/404.htm

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-07-03 12:48 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You could also be getting a slow dhcp allocation, install vxutil and check to ensure that the ip settings are availalbe while you are receiving these errors.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 9