x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

sam25 Page Icon Posted 2009-07-08 6:22 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

hello

i recently got a hp jornada 720 and am totally new to this. i love it but am dismayed that there is no support for my usb memory stick. Is there any way that i can get a memory stick working on it?

Also how does the memory flash card work. Apparently it is supposed to have a built in card reader but when i put the card in nothing happens. How can i also transfer the data from my flash memory card to my standalone computer?

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds to this!!
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2009-07-08 5:06 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CF to USB reader will work but it's a bad idea (looks funny, and costly); the card reader is for smart cards pretty much useless these days; best bet, get a CF card and reader for your pc use the CF card in the jornada.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-07-09 6:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Getting hold of a CF/USB card isn't the easiest thing in the world to do. With the 720 you have the problem of it needing to tie up the PCMCIA slot, which depending upon your situation could be a problem.
 Top of the page
sam25 Page Icon Posted 2009-07-15 8:25 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

hi

Thanks for responding. I have a usb cable with my jornada but unfortunately the 9 pin serial port does not exist on my pc so i cannot connect my pda with my pc. What should i buy? Will a docking cradle be the answer or would i need to get a usb 1.1. adapter? thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-07-15 11:22 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Oh you want to USB sync, that's different.

You need the cradle to USB sync, not a USB host adapter.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-07-15 2:39 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Or a serial-to-USB adapter.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10