x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Unidentified file "PR1_Freesia_10242002_net .bin" can anyone ID?

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-07-14 4:20 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have a 39.5 MB bin file here called "PR1_Freesia_10242002_net.bin" which is a Nexio ROM of some sort that seems to have missed being added to H/PC:Update.

I really can't be bothered to dump the ROM out in the hopes of finding a machine tag, so does anyone with a Nexio know which device this 24th October 2002 ROM belongs to?

If anyone wants to have a look at it / play, I can make it available.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-07-14 5:02 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

I have 2 nexio S160's and I have a "freesia" rom too, the updater was included, but I never dared to try and flash it for several reasons:

1. the flasher app is a CE app, it does not seem to use bootloader (though this was a long time ago when I tried to reverse it but it certainly seemed so), so if something goes wrong, you need a way to reflash from bootloader, which is fully undocumented. I had plans to check it out, as it seems to have eboot code and I have a CF lan card so maybe via platform builder it'd work...
2. I'm not 100% sure this freesia is for S160, though that's most likely. and IIRC it includes bootloader binary too...

if you would make the file available, I can compare if it is the same file. and maybe check the bootloader out again and get it working. thanks.

PS: my first S160 has the media player in korean.. so I dumped the OS from RAM (and clearly different build than takwu's nexio for example) but that's not the way it is stored in NAND so I was going to look and write NAND dumper (the only universally available nand readers, pdocread and the bkondisk apps are not compatible). if that works out and I also manage to access the bootloader somehow, then that'd mean no risk flashing OS-only files

Edited by cmonex 2009-07-14 5:05 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-07-14 5:28 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sounds good to me, PM with URL sent. Thanks
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8