x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help! Lost password after system restore

Jessicajil Page Icon Posted 2009-07-18 9:43 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have Psion Netbook Pro running Win CE 4.2 which I have used almost daily for years. It lost the driver for the Wifi Cf card so I decided to do a system restore to see if that reloaded it. Unfortunately I accidentally used an old (2004) system restore when I still used a password and neither of the passwords I remember work

I have tried removing the main battery and the back-up batteries and pressed the re-set button, and left it for a couple of hours to make sure there was no residual charge anywhere, but it still comes up with the window with my name and address and asking for a password.

I do have my software and documents backed up on CF and SD cards.

Does anyone know how I can get around this? If not .. another lovely machine become a paper-weight

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-07-18 12:36 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Shove a paperclip in the reset button and as it does it hold down the ctrl, d and on key at the same time. It'll start the boot loader.

From there hit the "!" key and it'll reload itself. It will trash anything on the device though.
 Top of the page
Jessicajil Page Icon Posted 2009-07-18 3:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

BINGO! Thank you for answering.
I tried this a number of times, to no avail .. it kept going to the Teklogix opening screen and then to the password screen. But finally it went to a black Command screen, with various options. I chose f to clear the flash disk, and then !to re-boot, and it has worked!
I treasure this machine because I keep it by my bed so that I can write on it when ideas come .. the fact that it is instant on makes it so useful for writing and editing. My heart sank when I could not get into it, so I am very grateful to you, both for running this site and taking the trouble to answer me.
One very happy OAP

Edited by Jessicajil 2009-07-18 4:04 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-07-19 5:22 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Jessicajil, you are most welcome.

Welcome to the site and enjoy your H/PCing
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.238 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 29