x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 680 with a Roamabout PC Card

DarkShadow
DarkShadow Page Icon Posted 2005-06-08 9:44 AM
#
Hello everyone, i've read many discussions about the H/PC since 2 months, and I finaly purchase a Jornada 680 from ebay last week with a RoamAbout PC Card. I received it yesterday and start configuring it.

everything work fine, except for the WIFI PC pard, I simply don't get it and I would appreciate some help!

I have installed the RoamAbout-client-WIN-CE-628-pkg.ZIP from Enterasys, and when I run it, I see the green light and a strong signal but when I click on the pop up menu, it tells me that I have the wrong driver.

So I installed the ROAMABOUT-CLIENT-WIN-CE-404-pkg.zip and that version don't seem to show any icon on the task bar for activity. I setup my SSID name and use the vxUtil to see the IP, but doesn't connect to my Linksys WRT54GS, and show: 127.0.0.1 the adaptor in vxUtil is: RMABT461 - RoamAbout 802.11 DS Wireless Network PC Card, but the IP are all set to : 0.0.0.0

So, for the one who using the RoamAbout card, what driver are you using? Can you help me setting it up please?

I put the card on my laptop and it work fine, so the card is working!

Thanks, and forget my bad english, it's not my primary language!

Regards,

DarkShadow

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-08 10:23 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Try pulling the driver out of the HCL and seeing if our one works
http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/
 Top of the page
DarkShadow
DarkShadow Page Icon Posted 2005-06-08 10:35 AM
#
I try that, and it's the RoamAbout-client-WIN-CE-628-pkg.ZIP, and when I click on the Green icon on the task bar a window open and it keep telling me : RoamAbout : OK, Network: Driver not loaded, and in the Version info: Driver: Driver incompatible with... (cut by the window, so I don't know why it's incompatible)

Thanks,

DarkShadow
 Top of the page
Mercutio
Mercutio Page Icon Posted 2005-06-08 3:35 PM
#
Hey not sure if this will help but from the looks of it you may have have been using the incorrect drivers for the wrong version of Windows CE. Try this version

http://www.enterasys.com/software/RoamAbout/CSIxD/wince/RoamAbout-client-WIN-CEV211-628-sw.exe

As I understand this is the version for Windows CE 2.11 which is what the Jornada 680 uses. Get back to me on if this works because I am about to buy a Roamabout for my NEC 780.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-08 5:13 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

That's the driver file in the HCL
 Top of the page
Ken
Ken Page Icon Posted 2005-06-15 12:11 AM
#
I bought a 680e from: tigerdirect.

A RoamAbout card from: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777169908

I downloaded the wireless software from: http://www.agere.com/mobility/wireless_lan_drivers.html

Setup was very easy following the steps and it all works great and I am very.

I am able to log onto my home network (which is secure) as well as a network at work (which is not secure).
 Top of the page
DarkShadow
DarkShadow Page Icon Posted 2005-06-15 11:55 AM
#
Ken, Thank You!!!!!! It work the first time too!!! You are a lifesaver...

C:AMIE.. maybe you could update the HCL, because that driver work great!

Regards,

DarkShadow
 Top of the page
SixNineZero Page Icon Posted 2005-06-23 1:51 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

First-time poster, so a big thanks to everyone for making this such a great resource!

After struggling for a while trying to get an old Buffalo wifi card working with my Jornada 690, I finally bit the bullet and bought a Roamabout card. The supplied drivers worked OK but lacked a lot of features, so I downloaded the Agere drivers referenced above.

So now everything works, I can access the Internet via a wifi router, and the Agere utility software looks very good. Except...

We are a twin-wifi household - one for general family use, and the other dedicated to my work (self-employed and working from home). The Jornada can see both APs, and the Agere utility software reports on both in great detail. However, it always wants to work with the family AP. I can't seem to find anything in the Agere software that will let me switch manually between APs.

I've looked around the Agere website, and the wider net, but can't find anything like a manual. Anyone have any ideas (either for documentation, or a simple solution to the problem)?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-23 6:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

try specifying the exact SSID you want to connect to.
 Top of the page
SixNineZero Page Icon Posted 2005-06-24 5:03 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2005-06-23 11:32 PM

try specifying the exact SSID you want to connect to.

Well, yes, but how?

Unless I'm missing something (always possible) that is precisely my point. There doesn't seem to be anywhere in the Agere software to do that. It lets me setup for both APs (WEP keys, etc) but it won't let me choose which one to connect to.
 Top of the page
SixNineZero Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 8:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well, I solved the problem!

In the Agere control panel (not the application accessed from Programs) you simply select the AP and then click OK to close. You're then prompted to remove and re-insert the wireless card to automatically setup addressing and so on.

Simple when you know how
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 1:39 AM
#
H/PC Elite

sometimes we're unable to see answers to the problems we're looking for because we're too near to them. glad you could sort it out
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.207 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9