x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Hide it! Pro, new version working with HPCs

Alex_the_Greek
Alex_the_Greek Page Icon Posted 2005-06-08 10:28 AM
#
New version of the well known application for encrypting files. What is interesting is that this new version originally DID NOT work with jornadas 7xx, it produced an error message "Application hideit has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." However, after this problem was reported to the developer (Mannuel Papas), the program was updated.

It now works properly and all new functions are available.

You can find it here:

http://net314.myphone.gr/hideitce.php

Here is a screenshot:

http://briefcase.pathfinder.gr/download/amantzoros/24505/438279/0/hideit.JPG

It is freeware for personal use.

Regards, Alex
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-08 11:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Posted on the Front Page, thanks.
 Top of the page
Alex_the_Greek
Alex_the_Greek Page Icon Posted 2005-06-09 10:33 AM
#
As you can see in the "about" dialog, the new compilation of the program is dated on the 6 of June 2005. I beta tested it on the same day, and provided Mr. Papas with feedback. However I also created this thread here on the same, day, and there is a small chance that the download section of net314 was not immediately updated with the new version.

This means that perhaps some of you probably got the old version, in which case I apologise, please download it again and it should be fine.

I am sorry for the incovenience.

Alex
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-06-12 7:06 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

For you Mobilepro 900C folks, the program works perfectly on the 900C. That is once you install it...and therein lies the rub.

The installer doesn't recognize the 900C, nor does the cab file install if you manually copy the program to your handheld.

However, I was able to extract the executable file using WinCE Cab Manager from OCPSoftware.com and from that point on there were no problems. You need to install the MFCCE211.DLL to work with this program.

Further, I contacted the author who sent me the complete version for testing. The registration not only gives you a faster and more efficient program, but removes any nag delays and reminders.

I've sent him email with my results (my installation difficulties) and we'll have to wait and see how he does with those results.

To test the program, I took a simple html fille from one of my webpages, encrypted it and then copied the encrypted file to my desktop. I couldn't do a thing with it...nothing. I even used a raw hex editor and examined the file in denary, octal, hex, binary, etc...there was absolutely no retrievable data.

I then unencrypted the file using the HideIt! software, and renamed the file with the proper htm file extension. Double clicked on it in both my desktop and my NEC and they both opened perfectly without error. Must be some interestng and great alorhythms there.

I know there are other encryption programs out there, but few as small and simple to use as this one, and none with the same secrurity protocols.

But what I found most amazing was that the author said that he has yet to register a single copy in the HPC world....that despite the writeups on every HPC site, that not a single person has bought one copy of his software....and that folks is maybe why we are seeing less and less HPC support in the world of software....

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2005-06-12 7:11 PM
 Top of the page
The Bishop Page Icon Posted 2005-06-25 6:53 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I just downloaded the Hide It! Pro onto my J720 after installing there patch for the mistaken as PC problem. I'm still getting the performed an illegal operation error message at startup of the program. If you are using a J720, can you please give the steps that you used for download and activation on your J720.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-25 9:10 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Bishop: cmonex has already posted a solution for this problem in the thread you started
 Top of the page
net314 Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 3:58 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,

I've posted a solution and explanation of the HideIt! installation issue on HPC's on this thread; feel free to participate and mention other problems you're having.

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1544&posts=11#M29928
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 8:00 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Rich Hawley - 2005-06-12 7:06 PM

But what I found most amazing was that the author said that he has yet to register a single copy in the HPC world....that despite the writeups on every HPC site, that not a single person has bought one copy of his software....and that folks is maybe why we are seeing less and less HPC support in the world of software....

Rich

Sadly....I've heard this from a number of different developers.
I asked Chris awhile back to make that a pole question - How many software titles have you registered in the last year? I think the answer would be very telling

Edited by Hurricane John 2006-01-24 8:04 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10