x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MobilePro 900 Backup Battery Problem

evtinker Page Icon Posted 2009-08-02 10:24 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi folks,

I picked up a very well-used MobilePro 900 yesterday, no power adapter, no manuals, no accessories. I was able to cobble together an adapter and thanks to this wonderful site I have all the documentation I need. I put in a 4GB flash card and run the upgrade from 2000 to CE 4.2, and ActiveSync is linking me to my XP desktop PC. The problem is I am still getting the warning about the backup battery being low. I have tried the patch for the back-up battery problem, and even replaced the backup battery, but I still get the warning every few minutes. It did the same thing before I upgraded to 4.2. I have repeatedly rerun the patch, but the error message keeps returning and the task bar still shows the problem icon.

Before I get to locating a wireless card for this thing I would like to resolve this issue. Any ideas?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-08-03 6:22 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There's probably a bad connection on the coin cell holder, this is a frequent issue with the 900 series. To properly fix it, you will have to pull it apart clean the contacts and trace it I'm afraid.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-08-03 7:03 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

C:Amie is right on! If it did it before the upgrade, then it is a hardware problem...
 Top of the page
evtinker Page Icon Posted 2009-08-03 7:15 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Any online documentation on the teardown? I have successfully worked on a few laptops, but picture guides always make me feel safer. BTW, confirmed it is a hardware problem by pulling the main battery. Even with the backup battery in it does a hard reset. The backup battery isn't successfully powering anything.

Forget the request for a guide. I just found it on mymobilepro.net. I should have known you already had that covered.

Edited by evtinker 2009-08-03 7:25 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-08-03 10:25 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Look at the infamous Mr. Hawleys personal site, he has some pictorial disassembly guides for the 900x
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 26