x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Just a heads up for a good deal...

1 2 3 4
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-09 1:36 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Various folks are selling the NTS DreamWriter IT (HPC PRO Device) for dirt cheap on ebay , picked up one myself, no power supply, but they are tested and work....as low as 14.99 BIN....Steve
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-06-09 2:15 PM
#
H/PC Elder

mmm, thx, but no thx

These things are HUGE. I think some webpage said it's like 4 pounds. It wouldn't really be practical for any use (or even play) I think... SH3 80Mhz isn't much to play with. However it does have a big screen and keyboard.

I'm sure it's very interesting as a collector's item tho. And it could be a decent kid's computer too, which I don't need

Anyway, for your convenience, one of the auctions:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5206887853
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-09 2:56 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

lol it's not only big but has a horrible design. a good example of how to ruin your chances for success...
still it's good for a collector or a kid, that's for sure and the idea of including floppy and lan (and pcmcia III??) is excellent, others really should've followed it..

Edited by cmonex 2005-06-09 2:58 PM
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-09 3:33 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

well it depends on what you want it for, to me it would be great for a student...I have a jornada 680 for mobility, but for home use & class room use this is a perfect notebook alternative to me and @ these prices...looks like you can really move around the keys....it was not designed for mobilty rather for a cheaper laptop alternative......
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-06-09 3:44 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I'm with you, it would be great for a student. I just wonder how much a battery and charger would be? What is that to the side? Is it a space for a pencil or is it a handle? Is that a USB port?

Edited by Yoldering 2005-06-09 3:47 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-09 5:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

thcrw739 - 2005-06-09 9:33 PM

well it depends on what you want it for, to me it would be great for a student..

i can see your point and for 20$ it's really cheap.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-09 5:21 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

here's a link to a decent review.....

http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/wce/21/dreamwriterit.htm
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-09 5:34 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I looked @ one site and they are selling the batteries and chargers for $40.00 each,
But i figure you can get a generic ac charger and they do come with batteries
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-06-09 10:30 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Do they come with batteries? I have not seen one with a battery. I would like one. But don't want to go all over trying to find a battery. The universal charger should work though.
 Top of the page
Emission
Emission Page Icon Posted 2005-06-10 7:03 AM
#
LOL...sorry I must contain myself. Well, im actually kind of suprised it came out this big. Didnt they have thin profile keyboards that size back then? And yes, at this price, it should be sold in toy stores. Theyd probably sell fast, lol.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-10 12:49 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

your Missing the point.

they have keyboards that size for writing.....not to take a quick note.....

Yolder, they say in the auctions they have a battery with them.....
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-06-10 1:37 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hey nice review.

In the review it says the device uses a "7.2V NiMH" battery, not the Li Ion ones we normal see. I wonder if it's a standard pack that powers the R/C cars, lol. I wouldn't be surprised, given the size and weight of this device. Or you could just mod it to accept the pack.

Anyone want to email the author to see if he remembers about the battery thing? Or better yet ask the eBay seller?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-10 3:01 PM
#
H/PC Elder

takwu - 2005-06-10 11:37 AM

Hey nice review.

In the review it says the device uses a "7.2V NiMH" battery, not the Li Ion ones we normal see. I wonder if it's a standard pack that powers the R/C cars, lol. I wouldn't be surprised, given the size and weight of this device. Or you could just mod it to accept the pack.

Anyone want to email the author to see if he remembers about the battery thing? Or better yet ask the eBay seller?

well, with the higher power 2400mAh NiMH cells, a mod pack can easily be made!
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-10 3:18 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-06-11 11:52 AM
#
H/PC Elder

hmm, in the first link, there's a thumbnail of the battery. Not very clear, but does look like a standard R/C batt pack.

If I keep discussing about it, I might get one just for the heck of it, hahahahah. I wonder if it's good enough to be a terminal... it might be better than old pentium laptops because it's instant-on.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 8