x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Just a heads up for a good deal...

1 2 3 4
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-06-11 12:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

If you get terminal server client on it working nice, I defenately think it would make an awesome machine.
Maybe not for moving around, but it defenately would be worth the money for just using it that way

Hell, even if you get one for your grandma for playing solitaire it would be worth it. Saves having to come over and fix the darn pentium every week.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 1:22 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Did anyone else get one? Would like to comapare findings and such is so, been using mine for 2 days now...Steve
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 1:42 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

You know it’s funny;I bid on one, but did not do the buy it now function. I thought if I really wanted it in a few days I could always get it. Then when I checked it last, someone out bid me, and there was no buy it now option. Sucks!!! I guess I should always do the buy-it-now option it I really want it. I did win one though I paid 5$ more. Oh Well. Thanks for the heads up. I will set it up for my brother in law. He is writing his Well ah I don't know what it is called, but it is for his PHD degree in English Rhedoric (SP) I also don’t know how to spell it HA HA HA . He is not all that HPC literate. I will use it until I totally figure it out though. Give us your review on it please. I’ll let you know how I fair.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 8:10 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Rhetoric*

On eBay when you have a buy it now and Auction - once the first bid is made, the buy it now is cleared and it has to go through the auction process - hence why it vanished for you
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 8:25 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh really? i thought the buy now option is cleared only if someone outbids it (not that it makes any sense, to outbid the buy now price). at least that was my experience, i was bidding on something (a bluetooth card, what else ), and someone just chose the buy now option so i lost it, hahaha
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 9:10 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Both apply actually - when I've listed I've not used reserve so the first bid cancelled out the buy-it now.

There's no need to choose between the auction option and Buy It Now. You get both. If a buyer is willing to meet your Buy It Now price before the first bid comes in, your item sells instantly and your auction ends. But, if a bid comes in first, the Buy It Now option disappears. (In Reserve Price Auctions, Buy It Now disappears after the first bid that meets the reserve.) Then your auction proceeds normally.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 9:23 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok, it makes sense at last, thanks
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 10:29 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

thcrw739 - 2005-06-16 12:22 AM

Did anyone else get one? Would like to comapare findings and such is so, been using mine for 2 days now...Steve

What power supply are you using? What is the battery life like? I guess we got ours from the same person. I will need to get the charger, but don't know if a cheap universal will work. What have you found with the floppy drive? How well does it work with transferring files? What about sync?
Thanks
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 11:28 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I am using a 12v adpater from some sony vaio amped speakers, wich i am sure any 12v adapter would work, battery that i have, i am getting about 7-9 hours out of, im sure will vary depending on the battery pack's shape.......
Floppy, is working out of box, no cab.exe from floppy though..you have to move the cab to the system or storage card......the sync, it's a male connection on the unit...so any female serial adpter should work and ofcourse you have IR.....Steve
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-06-17 7:41 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Can you owners tell if the battery pack is the standard pack commonly used for R/C cars? If you can't tell, can you post a picture of the pack with a ruler?

Another question is rather it's really 4 pounds! I mean, holy moly that's the weight of a 15" notebook!

I'm just curious, lol. Not truely interested in it...
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-17 10:10 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

It is a standard 7.2 volt RC battery....Diffrent clip connector though than the standard for RC's-.... as for the wight , yes its 4 pounds...but i am thinking of it as a very cool laptop alternative for very cheap, I dont own a laptop, like i know alot of you do....so this is great...Steve
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 8:43 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Just got news today, should get it soon I hope. I can't wait to play around with it.
thcrw739, did your battery have charge in it when you got it? I just want to know if I should buy a charger before I get it.

Edited by Yoldering 2005-06-18 8:47 PM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 9:38 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-19 10:48 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yoldering,
The Battery didnt have a charge.....Go ahead and get the adapter...Your going to need it anyway...Steve
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-06-24 4:35 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I thought some of you would like to see the difference in the dreamwriter and the Jornada 680.

I can't find a power supply in my home town, and don't want to spend $40 on a new one. Any one else have an old power supply that would work? It has a Sony type connection.

Any help finding a cheap charger would be great.

(IMG_9124.jpg)

(IMG_9128.jpg)

(IMG_9123.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_9124.jpg (26KB - 26 downloads)
Attachments IMG_9128.jpg (21KB - 22 downloads)
Attachments IMG_9123.jpg (28KB - 22 downloads)
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 10