x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Just a heads up for a good deal...

1 2 3 4
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-24 5:03 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Radioshack has the adpters for $14 and the adapter head for $4.99....Steve
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-06-24 5:16 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yoldering - 2005-06-24 3:35 PM

I thought some of you would like to see the difference in the dreamwriter and the Jornada 680.

I can't find a power supply in my home town, and don't want to spend $40 on a new one. Any one else have an old power supply that would work? It has a Sony type connection.

Any help finding a cheap charger would be great.

I added photos on page two in case anyone wanted to see the size. I went to two radio shacks today, I found the head but they only had 12v that had 1.5A max. I looked at their site and have not found one yet.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-24 5:31 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

If you look at theplugin on the back of the unit its labled 13.5 vdc, not sure what that means though
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-06-25 10:22 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

thcrw739 - 2005-06-24 4:31 PM

If you look at theplugin on the back of the unit its labled 13.5 vdc, not sure what that means though

When you go to the shack today, let me know if they have a 12V 2.5A, there. Maybe I can order one from the one here. Oh and I think the 13.5 vdc is the maximun v allowed, but still need 2.5A. I am going to go by Goodwill Computer Works today. Nice store, they sale donated old computer stuff people like me love!.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 2:19 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Interresting thing i did with the ole DreamWriter today, I ended up on this epods hacksite, and they had this IE4 for the Epods One (windows ce 2.11) so it came with a IE.exe and a .reg file......well i knew better that to use the exe since the epods is a mips unit. but i did however stick that import that reg to thew Dreamwriters & interesting thing happend......I was able to view msnmobile sign in the first time with out my address bar hack....plus when i went into the regristry i had all listings avalible like the hpc 2000 units have ! like ie version setting etc (it was set to mozillla 4.0) .......WARNING had someone try a ibm z50 and i tried my jornada 680....they both fowled up and requierd either a hard reset ( z50) or a reg restore saved file,save your reg before trying... Steve

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ie.reg (7KB - 100 downloads)
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 12:42 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yoldering,
I didnt make it to the shack yet, but as soon as i do i will let you know what i found.......Steve
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 1:12 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Aw, I missed a cool new toy for cheap
Does it look just like the one in the pic at the link? Cuz the one shown is a hpc2k model.
Hmm, buy a 700 with a broken screen real cheap and fit the guts into the cheapies?

http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/wce/30/HPC2000pics.htm

But I think I'll wait until the hpc2k version floods Ebay cheap. When that happens, you can have a discus competition with the cheapies. See who can wind up and fling it the farthest. I assume that's what the weird looking handle is for

Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 4:19 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

No, these Dreamwirters are the 2.11 units the dream max was there next model, hpc2000.......Still plenty of dreamwriters on ebay, starting @ 19.99 up 2 $69.00 there are also now some etra memory, a few units that come with ac adapters and software, also some instruction manuals and orig software cd packs selling seprately...Steve
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 10:26 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I still haven't found a charger. AAARRRrrgggg
My final exam is tomorrow so I can't think of going from store-to-store until Thursday. I don't want to wait to order one, but I may have to though. Oh and no! I won't throw it like a disk. This is going to be the best tool for school this next semester. I'll be taking Philosophy, and will have to type a lot of papers. The key board it perfect, touch mouse, and floppy. Great! I don't care if it looks dorky. In fact while I was taking it to different places looking for a charger, I had a lot of people ask me about it. A few said they were going to buy one.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 12:10 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I agree...It is sort of dorky loking but in a cool way if that makes any sence.....????
Very useful for the hard core ce stufff........I'm not supprised though about the people wanting one...I went to radio shack back in Atlanta a wile back when i got a sharp mobilon 4100 to look for some recharable nicads and a adapter, they didnt even have the first clue what the hell it was and thought it was cool, A grayscale wince 2.0 hpc......there ya go......Steve

Yoldering........I will let you know when i make it to the shack if you dont find anything first
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 1:25 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi,

i've been doing some research and figured out that maybe you can try this link in order to buy any original dreamwriter IT replacement parts.

hope this helps

BTW I think i'm buying one, i've started to like those

Edited by matrixcore 2005-06-29 1:27 AM
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 10:44 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I was wondering if anyone else has tried the .reg i found and , if it worked didnt work , and what unit? Steve
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-07-05 3:20 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Still need a charger!!!!! I guess I may just order one from protoncorp, but did not want to spend that much on it.
 Top of the page
Graham Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 1:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I just discovered these intriguing machines and bought one from a guy off ebay. For $21.03 plus shipping, I am indulging my quest for a simpler word processing device, and this may be the ticket! (Although it's huge and heavy, but it has few moving parts and NO hard drive to die. My old Winbook that I bought in '94 has had the motherboard replaced once, two hard drives, and the screen replaced once. This thing is considerably faster than the Winbook!)

You mentioned that Radio Shack has the adapter for $14.00. I was over at one of our local RadShack outlets and they didn't have anything close to this for less than around $40.00 (a 3 amp supply). I'm using a 6 amp bench supply at the moment and it is plug-ugly and inconvenient.

Were you able to buy an AC adapter at Radio Shack that powers your Dreamwriter IT successfully? If so, what was the current rating on it?

The bottom of the notebook has a sticker that says it needs 12vdc at 2.5 amps, which seems like a lot.

Thanks
Graham

Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 2:58 PM
#
H/PC Elite

i think 12v DC 1.5amp is enough, but it won't charge the batt unless the HPC is off.

12v 6amp is overkill though...
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 12