x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SIP panel for HPC2000/MIPS?

kitor Page Icon Posted 2009-08-18 3:13 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I've got Intermec 6651, it can be used as a "tablet". But there's no SIP in rom. Is it any software keyboard I can install on this device?

Jot keyboard (as this from Simpad's CE 3.0) would be great, but I think it was made only for ARM.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2009-08-18 4:13 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

ArtSKeyboardd was mentioned not so long ago.
http://www.artsoft.ru/eng/artskbppc.htm
Bit it's not free.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-08-19 2:54 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

My H/PC 2000 PenCentra 200 (MIPS) has the Jot keyboard (which is similar to ArtSKey) included in ROM, but I don't know if it's downloadable anywhere. If you're willing to try a handwriting recognition utility as an alternative, though, the MIPS Pocket PC version of Transcriber will work fine on the 6651, as I noted in my review of the 6651 here.
 Top of the page
kitor Page Icon Posted 2009-08-19 5:37 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hm, you say that you have jot keyboard in your rom. Is it possible to dump it? (if it's like on simpad, keyboard is single exe file)

I don't like Transcriber, writing recognition in Newton OMP from 1993 is better than this piece of (***)
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2010-04-17 7:59 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

No, there is not currently a MIPS version of my little SIP package that would be usable on devices without the SIP driver already in ROM. But if you already have softkb.dll (the SIP driver) in your \Windows directory, it will work. Some versions of H/PC 2000 already have it. The softkb.dll for CE 3.0 in my package was taken from a driver patch for an iPaq that was on the HP support site. C:Amie has Platform Builder 3.0 and can probably build one for you if you beg nicely. I have PB 2.11 myself, so I'll try building softkb.dll with that but I can't any promises it will work on the 3.0 kernel. The CE 4.0+ one will not work on CE 3 either.

Edited by TFGBD 2010-04-17 8:00 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.132 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9