x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help tracing program on WinCE 4.2/ARM - Jenson AUTO GPS/Radio AIO

[Frozen]
Frozen
Bwanna Page Icon Posted 2009-08-30 12:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

I hope someone could help. I have a Jenson (Audiovox) vm9022HDN (NAV101) all in one system. I've got IGO8 2009 running on it successfully with one exception, no audio output. The only way to hear the GPS audio is if I first run the NVTesTtool.exe file provided with the Jensen core OS. (This is a resident program that supports testing a couple of the features - audio, screen calibration, video test, etc.)

One problem, when the NVTesttool.exe file is running it cancels out the rest of the systems audio i.e. radio, SAT, DVD, etc.) Obviously, this makes for a choice of which audio to run and not a practical approach if done manually.

My idea is to see if I could determine when the IGO8 initiates it's audio and how it occurs. Then, if a call is put to the NVTesttool.exe file FIRST, the GPS audio should be heard, THEN I could KILL the NVtesttool.exe service. The end result SHOULD be similar to how it's suppose to work e.g. the radio audio gets interrupted for the GPS audio, then the radio audio returns after the GPS is done. Klunky - I know, but it might work. (Please comment on this and let me know if there are problems with this approach!!!!)

So, I need to discover what happens when IGO8 initiates audio. HELP PLEASE. I'm sure there are many ways to do this?

My first idea is to run a trace program and try to identify if a .dll file (or something else) is called... or however it might be done. Then I could intercept that process and insert a routine that does the CALL, (IGO8 audio), KILL sequence.

So what do you all think? possible? or is there a better way.

Thanks ahead of time to all. It took me a while to find this site.

Edited by Bwanna 2009-08-30 12:10 PM
 Top of the page
Bwanna Page Icon Posted 2009-09-06 12:22 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm surprised by the lack of recommendations, etc. Serioulsy, I would have thought this would be an easy one for someone much smarter than me and experienced in WinCE. Doesn't anyone have any suggestions? It would be really nice to get the sound working on this.

Thanks!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-09-06 1:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Very little experience on car audio, even WinCE car audio here...mainly because the mobile hardware devices don't follow any standard when programming the OS onto their hardware...each has its own proprietory method with their own propietory hardware drivers...so even if you have something with the same file name it doesn't mean that it will behave in the same fashion on another device.

So many of the manufacturers intentionally cripple the WinCE OS when using it as a shell just so owners cannot mod it, reserving the full potential of the device either forever unrealized, or for future modification as in upgraded services for more expensive models. Many leave out critical libraries or drivers, while others try to save a buck or two my minimizing available rom/ram resources and supplying only necessary OS files. Others keep resources unknown as if they were industrially top secret.

You are probably more knowledgable about this device and its hardware/software potential than anyone else reading this thread....
 Top of the page
Bwanna Page Icon Posted 2009-09-06 4:38 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the response. Agreed on the crippling. I was hoping that maybe there was a generic way to trace the running of the program from the SD. Then MAYBE (big hoping here), I could figure out which file on the SD program in IGO8 instigates the audio. Then, I could intercept the process and insert the CALL process as described above.

If anyone could help me with the generic approach... tracing a WinCE program's processes. In this case it would be IGO8.

Thanks again for the response!

Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9