x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Any ddraw.dll and related dummy files?

mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-09-03 7:17 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Does anyone know if there are any dummy ddraw.dll and related DLLs anywhere? I looked on cmonex's site, but couldn't find any...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-09-03 7:20 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Those are CE5 and CE6 files aren't they...for direct screen writing? I seem to remember hunting for one for CE.NET as it was mentioned in the developers area on the M$ site, but never found one...oh yeah, now I remember...it was needed for the newer version of Nitrogen, but the 1.1 version without it worked fine on my 900C...
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-09-03 9:17 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

They are.... I was trying to see if I could get the latest public beta of Opera 9 mobile working on CE 4.2 somehow (I just got my netbook pro today! I'm like a kid on Christmas morning I love it though, it's perfect!)

ddraw.dll was the only missing when doing an execheck on the binary (didn't even need to change the OS version), but that dependency may have come from one of the "dummy" dlls I was using, I'm not sure.

Edited by mscdex 2009-09-03 9:20 PM
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-09-04 8:27 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Opera Mobile 8.65 is the last version of Opera that will work on our CE devices, with RedGear. The need for DirectDraw is the exact reason Opera 9 was never supported. There are no "dummy DLL's", but even if there were, it would be like using a dummy GX DLL... you might be able to get the program to run... but no screen output! Dummy DLL's are only useful if the program doesn't actually use the requested functionality in the normal course of events (such as exception handling routines, sometimes). Otherwise you need DLL's that provide real implementations of the functions.

If I recall, the ddraw DLL's are device-specific, so Platform Builder is not any help either. cmonex looked into this a lot for the 900C but had little success.

Edited by isotherm 2009-09-04 8:30 AM
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2009-09-04 2:44 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

isotherm - 2009-09-04 4:27 PM

If I recall, the ddraw DLL's are device-specific, so Platform Builder is not any help either. cmonex looked into this a lot for the 900C but had little success.

Ddraw use some display driver functions, doesn't it?
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-09-04 2:52 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Well if nothing else couldn't ddraw.dll and associated dlls just use plain GDI if they were originally device-specific?
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-09-04 4:33 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Sure, if you want to rewrite them from scratch... It's another RedGear-like project on its own. (And we don't know that Opera 9 will work once it has ddraw.) Any takers? :-p
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.160 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 27