x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Netbook Pro + Oggsync?

mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-09-06 12:22 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I am trying out the latest Oggsync beta on my Netbook Pro and it seems to work fine (it connects and correctly reads calendar info from google). However, since the NBP doesn't have the traditional office software like hpc2000 and prior, there is no dedicated calendar application - only Pocket On-Schedule. The problem is Pocket On-Schedule uses its own Pocket Access DB and I'm thinking Oggsync is possibly syncing with the windows ce system calendar database (the one that hpc2000 and earlier used)?

If nobody knows or has been able to get Oggsync working on CE 4.x, is there perhaps a way to get the hpc2000 calendar application running on CE 4.x to see if that would work?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-09-06 1:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Cmonex has the HPC2000 office applications as a download that run on CE.NET on her website. Did you try those?

Interesting software...I just installed it on my 900C. I made an appointment using the built in 900C default calendar program, and I made an appointment on my desktop using Googles calendar and then tried to sync my Mobilepro wirelessly.

It seemed to work fine...

The appointment on my 900C transferred to Google and the one from Google transferred to my 900C....I like this idea better than using only Outlook on my home PC (which I don't) because I could sync any device with Google no matter where I was.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-09-06 1:42 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Unfortunately her hpc2000 office package only includes Pocket Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access. The NBP does have the standalone Inbox application, but not the Calendar or Contacts applications.

If worst comes to worst, I guess I'll have to end up writing my own Google Calendar sync application.

Edited by mscdex 2009-09-06 1:44 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-09-06 2:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It is cool software....times are off because I have them set at different time zones...

(snap.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments snap.jpg (40KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-09-06 2:23 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Oh sure, rub it in that it works for you

Seriously, what are you using on the HPC side to for the calendar? I'm assuming you're running CE 4.2 anyway...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-09-06 2:27 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

No...not rubbing it in, but if it isn't working on the NBP, then it must just be missing some database that can be created manually I would think. I just loaded up Pocket Organizer 2000, CEAgenda, and Pocket Informant. Then I went back to the Google website and created a few more appointments. I synced them again and the Google appointments showed up on all my PIM applications...so they must all use some common database, probably controlled by the PIMSTORE.DLL library. But I'm only guessing.

Now I'm going to hard reset my 900C and try again without installing the HPC2000 apps from Cmonex...and then see what happens.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-09-06 3:07 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Okay, for grins I reflashed my 900C with the factory default CE.NET...and the Googlesync software didn't want to run. But then I don't have NETCF2.0 on the Mobilepro either. So that tells me that the ROM I was using, Cmonex v2 has all the added software that I need to make it work. Before I reflashed, I deleted everything, and it still worked fine using the built in calendar application that the Mobilepro 900C comes standard with, no other PIMS, no HPC 2000 office stuff...

So really, it should work for you if you add the right files to your NBP...and those are whatever Cmonex added to her ROM build.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-09-06 3:29 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hmmm... when I try to run CE Agenda, it tells me it can't initialize the POOM (Pocket Outlook Object Model). So it sounds like I'm still missing some vital PIM-related DLLs :\ I guess that's why they included Pocket On-Schedule, because it doesn't use these system files that they stripped out.

Edit: I found this thread here and that pretty much confirms my suspicions. Well this stinks

Edited by mscdex 2009-09-06 3:42 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-09-06 3:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Make sure the pimstore.dll is in the Windows folder...that is what controlls the POOM I believe. Make sure you soft reset after copying it there....

Here is the old link for the CEAgenda forums: http://www.ceagenda.net/forum/index.php

You might try the CE.NET version if you aren't: http://web.archive.org/web/20070323055910/hkcho.hdmember.net/ceagenda/download_e.html
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-09-06 4:21 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Ok... that's weird .... Initially I installed the CE.NET version from the web archive before and the same error popped up as the HPC2000 version from the web archive, but now I tried the CE.NET version from the working site (ceagenda.net, although same software version mind you) and now it loaded just fine

Edit: Ok, I synced two more times and now it pulled everything in

Edit 2: It'd still be nice to have the standard Calendar application though. Are there any other decent CE (non-WM) calendar applications besides CE Agenda?

Edit 3: Hmmm, it pulls my appointments from Google Calendar fine, but when I push changes/additions I've made in CE Agenda, it saves them on my Google Cal under Agenda and does not set the repeat settings as I have them in CE Agenda

Edited by mscdex 2009-09-06 5:18 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 9