x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Installing Linux On Jornada 720

nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2009-09-09 12:51 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hello,
I'm a Linux fan , but i like my Windows CE(But with Linnux i will love it much more), because of this my Palm T|X has Linux installed , but one of my dreams is to have the Linux in my Jornada, my first try was with JLime, but i do something wrong and my Jornada don't turn on , then i do a hard reset on it and all gets right, but now i'm needing to use it, then i get here to ask for a nice tutorial and for the configuration files.

Thanks,
Nathan Paulino Campos

Edited by nathanpc 2009-09-09 12:52 PM
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2009-09-09 2:06 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Now i got the answers, in channel #jlime at Freenode, see the log:
<ubuntu-nathan> someone can help me with this: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14416&posts=1&start=1 ? <rafa> ubuntu-nathan: reading.. <rafa> ubuntu-nathan: I guess that we need more details about which exact files you used to install jlime (and their links). <rafa> http://jlime.com/forum/wiki.php?mode=search&t=installation_720_eng <rafa> that doc should help you a bit to realize out which are the steps.. <rafa> zear: you there? <ubuntu-nathan> yes <ubuntu-nathan> i will see it! <ubuntu-nathan> thanks very much! <ubuntu-nathan> it's because i need to develop by onboard! <ubuntu-nathan> C++! <rafa> ubuntu-nathan: maybe zear can help you a bit more. I have jornada 680/660 <ubuntu-nathan> hum <ubuntu-nathan> i have an 4 GB CF <ubuntu-nathan> what is the common space to each particion for 4GB? <rafa> there is no problem, fat is only to keep the kernel + bootloader, so a few MB is okey.. 32 if you want to have several kernels. <rafa> The ext2 partition should be big enought to put there all the files <rafa> 100MB+ should be okey * guax (n=guaxinim@unaffiliated/guaxinim) Quit <ubuntu-nathan> i put the files in the ext2 patition? <ubuntu-nathan> like in normal Linux <ubuntu-nathan> ???? * sixpack75 (n=six@ip-95-223-204-178.unitymediagroup.de) has joined #jlime <kristoffer> ubuntu-nathan, userland in ext2 yes <ubuntu-nathan> hum <ubuntu-nathan> then i can put the rest of the memory to it? <ubuntu-nathan> like, huh..., 3GB? <kristoffer> You wont need more than perhaps 32MB(fat), 128MB(swap) and the rest to userland so if you got 4GB then use like 3.8GB for userland <ubuntu-nathan> huh <ubuntu-nathan> thanks very much! <ubuntu-nathan> i'm now backuping my files! <kristoffer> good luck

Thanks and Credits for kristoffer and rafa!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-09-10 1:48 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

They're the JLime experts.

Moved to H/PC Linux/Unix
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2009-09-10 12:14 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

They are very nice!