x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Psion Netbook Pro USB adaptor/converter

jigab00 Page Icon Posted 2009-09-09 7:14 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Quick questions guys - will this thing fit/work with the Psion Netbook Pro usb port?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26783

For $1.45, I figure I can afford it!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-09-09 7:27 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Changing the size of a connector doesn't change the type of USB port from client to host or visa versa....
 Top of the page
jigab00 Page Icon Posted 2009-09-09 7:28 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Oh no, I wasn't thinking of doing that - I never got a converter with my NBP, so I'm simply looking for a replacement. Besides, isn't the NBP a host anyway?

Edited by jigab00 2009-09-09 7:28 PM
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-09-09 9:34 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

jigab00 - 2009-09-09 7:28 PM

Oh no, I wasn't thinking of doing that - I never got a converter with my NBP, so I'm simply looking for a replacement. Besides, isn't the NBP a host anyway?

NBP has both a mini-usb host port and also a special port used for the usb client sync cable. I believe the adapter you linked to should work IF it is a USB OTG adapter. The other thing I might be worried about is if it would physically fit well into the mini usb port, since the mini usb port is a little recessed inside the NBP. If it does fit, I would have actually preferred that style of adapter instead of the original NBP mini usb adapter I got with mine, which is a short cable.

Edited by mscdex 2009-09-09 9:45 PM
 Top of the page
jigab00 Page Icon Posted 2009-09-10 4:28 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks mscdex. The NBP has only one USB port, and it's supposed to be an OTG port (it's not the adapter that's OTG, afaik). I guess the only way I'm going to find out if it fits is to pick it up - which I probably will. I'll probably grab a few 18650s while I'm at it...
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2009-09-10 7:53 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

jigab00 - 2009-09-09 7:14 PM

Quick questions guys - will this thing fit/work with the Psion Netbook Pro usb port?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26783

For $1.45, I figure I can afford it!

There was another thread on this last year. In your link, I think you are looking at a "mini-B" (which seems to be very common) rather than the "mini-A." From the other thread, I think the OTG plug works as a mini-A, but I unfortunately ordered the wrong one in my zeal to save a few pennies (literally).
 Top of the page
Alastair Page Icon Posted 2009-09-10 8:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I bought a suitable cable from the following eBay store:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Business2828__W0QQ_armrsZ1

It is similar to the original Psion part and works just fine.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2009-09-10 8:45 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I wish it had a slider switch that switches between host and client operation. I have an Olympus USB HDD dock with such a switch. Of course, it's newer than HPC's.
 Top of the page
jigab00 Page Icon Posted 2009-09-11 12:37 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Ugh, trust Psion to use the outdated mini-A vs the common mini-B. Thanks, Alastair, I found them in a search, but didn't have a paypal account so I was looking for alternatives... (they're in HK too, strangely enough)
 Top of the page
Kirthiga Groups Page Icon Posted 2010-11-01 8:44 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, I ordered netbook from dealextreme, but its long time, i din get my order delivered even with track number . So I did reorder it from Chinabuye , an online store from China. Rate is quite cheaper than dealextreme with free ship cost. This made me quite satisfied. I got my order yesterday and 1 year warranty. So i find this better deal than dealextreme.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 13