x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

gbloch Page Icon Posted 2005-06-11 8:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I purchased my NEC Mobile Pro 790 to use in the field when doing surveys. I need to import word documents with graphic lines and columns.  Pocket Word will not import complete, and I have used Textmaker as well. Does anyone have any sugestions as to what to import these docs with? I purchased this HPC to replace my laptop and would like to use the existing docs. Please help me as I am frustrated! Thanks!!
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-06-12 10:51 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Have you tried posting on the TextMaker forum? The staff there is prompt and may have a workaround.

http://www.softmaker.net/forum/index.php

Jake
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-12 12:27 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Pocket Word, as you've discovered wont cut the mustard.

What was the problem you exerienced with TextMaker?
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-06-13 9:19 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

gbloch - 2005-06-11 8:57 PM

I purchased my NEC Mobile Pro 790 to use in the field when doing surveys. I need to import word documents with graphic lines and columns.  Pocket Word will not import complete, and I have used Textmaker as well. Does anyone have any sugestions as to what to import these docs with? I purchased this HPC to replace my laptop and would like to use the existing docs. Please help me as I am frustrated! Thanks!!

Hi. Yes, in all likelihood, when you open the document in TextMaker, you can see the black placemat where your graphic was instead of the actual graphic. The problem here is the graphic format used in the original Word document. I've had to convert most of the graphics (included in Word documents) to the JPG format, which TextMaker can import without any problems. Hope this helps.

Cheers!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10