x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ZytaZiouZ Page Icon Posted 2009-10-01 5:09 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I've had my sig3 for a while now, but it tends to collect dust... Kind of a shame since it seems like an awesome handheld. I was wondering if anyone here knew of anything I could use it for? I saw someone was trying to get opera mini to work on HPC's, and I'd love that. Also if redgear supported the sig3 or if I had the files to use opera mobile on it, that'd be even better.

Hate having a nice toy that I don't have any use for. If I had everything setup for remote desktop again I'd use it, but alas my internet situation doesn't allow for that.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-10-01 9:51 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Ever try watching videos on it? No other device can touch its video quality.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-10-02 5:06 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

There is a post on how install Opera on the Sig3...search for "Sigmarion III and opera" on the forum. It works very fine.

Regarding remote desktop there is a realVNC relase here on the site to allow it but I haven't had any chance to make it work yet.

Look around, you will find several post on Sig3.
 Top of the page
ZytaZiouZ Page Icon Posted 2009-10-03 2:08 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I used to use remote desktop religiously. Right now my only internet is through my touch pro, so it's either the touch pro is online, or my desktop, but not both for one to remote into the other. I've done a lot of video playback on the sig in the past. It is amazing quality, but not really practical since 99% of the time when watching video, it's at home with my girlfriend. Easier to just play it right on the desktop. I'll look into opera again. That would definitely make it worth using. Even 9.5 would make a huge difference, and 9.7 would be phenomenal. We'll see though. Thanks for the advice.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-10-13 8:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

use the touch pro via BT for a phone modem

9.5? nooo, it can run 8.65 but that's just fine.
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-10-14 7:09 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Make up a car charger and use it as a travel device....

Satnav runs nicely on it (and fast/smooth due to the GPU) audio output is very good quality so you could always use it to feed audio (and directions) to car stereo as well if you have an aux in on stereo.

John
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9