x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Need some help w/ unpacking TI Emu software

jigab00 Page Icon Posted 2009-10-04 2:08 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi all,
I'm having a spot of trouble that I'm hoping some kind samaritan can help me out of.

I'm looking to install a copy of the free VTI Pocket Emulator v2.4.
on my NBP. Unfortunately, I don't have Activesync (running Ubuntu) and I've tried extracting it from the setup file in all the ways I can, to no avail. As well, it looks like the porter is no longer responding to his email (no surprise, it's pretty old). Could anyone a) convert this into a cab, or b) failing that, grab all the files it installs on the CE box and offer it for download?

I'm using it to get used to study Math curricula, and it's a lot easier to have it on my NBP than to carry around yet another gadget.

Thanks all!

ps. I find it quite horrifying that these companies are still foisting such outdated garbage on students for an incredible premium (>$100USD) - I mean, these are Z80s running at 15/6MHz w/ tiny memories and cruddy 96x64 pixel screens. Yikes!

Edited by jigab00 2009-10-04 2:13 PM
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-10-04 3:12 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Top of the page
jigab00 Page Icon Posted 2009-10-04 8:28 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks mscdex - that was fast! Sadly, I couldn't get it working ("Cannot find TiCalcEmulator.exe" ) or some such... Any one else see this behaviour? I tried using various dlls from hpcmonex, but it didn't do anything. Having a rom in the same directory makes no difference. Has anyone managed to run this software successfully?

Edited by jigab00 2009-10-04 8:55 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-10-04 10:03 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Check TiCalcEmulator.exe with Executability Check to see what DLLs it says you need. (You can get Executability Check from the same page on cmonex' site where you got the DLLs you tried.)
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-10-04 10:21 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Here's what I did to get it working (on my NBP):
- Downloaded the 22kb aygshell from cmonex's site and renamed it to aygshelp.dll and placed it in the directory containing TiCalcEmulator.exe
- Downloaded the ppc arm mfc zip and extracted the mfcce301.dll and olece300.dll from the "hexedited" folder into the directory containing TiCalcEmulator.exe
- Ran executabilitycheck on TiCalcEmulator.exe, tapped Rewrite Lib name, and renamed the AYGSHELL.dll entry to AYGSHELP.dll and the mfcce300.dll entry to mfcce301.dll
- Tapped Overwrite and closed out execheck

After doing these things, the emulator should now work.

The one thing I did notice though is that the calculator skins do not show up properly. It may have something to do with commctrl.dll not rendering it properly? Having no calculator skin pretty much defeats the purpose of the emulator, unless you are willing to manually type in the commands/functions with the NBP's keyboard.

Edited by mscdex 2009-10-04 10:25 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9