x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Drivers for Sandisk CF WiFi + 128mb card?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next »
dazz
dazz Page Icon Posted 2005-06-12 8:38 PM
#
I have a Jornada 720 and a Sandisk ConnectPlus WiFi + 128mb CF card. Does anyone know of a driver that will recognize the WiFi?

Obviously, Sandisk does not have one and I have tried randomly downloading and trying a couple of drivers, in case they are the same chipset.

Anyone have any ideas or can point me in the right direction?
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-06-12 9:05 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Have you tried the HCL? http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/
There is a list of hardware and drivers that are compatible for your needs.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-12 9:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

dazz - 2005-06-13 2:38 AM

I have a Jornada 720 and a Sandisk ConnectPlus WiFi + 128mb CF card. Does anyone know of a driver that will recognize the WiFi?

they don't have HPC drivers, but you can try the ppc2000/2002 ones!
http://www.sandisk.com/consumer/download/connectplus/Drivers/Install/windows_ce.zip
don't try to install it via activesync, try the cab's instead. this looks promising: 128MB+Wi-Fi CompactFlash Card.PPC300_2577.cab

but there are two others, for example 128MB+Wi-Fi CompactFlash Card.PPC211_2577.cab, no idea what this would be because its size is only one third compared to the above cab, maybe worth a try too.

you'll need one of the aygshell.dll's, try the 16.5 K sized one first, if that doesn't work try the smaller ones one by one.. they can be downloaded from here: http:/izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php, direct link is http://www.freeweb.hu/izemize/aygshells.zip

thank god, they call neither mfcce nor olece.

please report back if you succeeded or not... i'm very interested in this wifi card!

Edited by cmonex 2005-06-12 10:02 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-12 10:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh fyi, it's a prism chipset. but it needs a special driver because of the memory part, i think..

but there are a lot of hpc drivers for prism, i'd recommend the generic intersil drivers, especially the senao drivers for ce 2.11. (unfortunately they're ppc drivers for ce 3.0...) or the hawking drivers for hpc2000.

Edited by cmonex 2005-06-12 10:12 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-12 10:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, i looked at the cabs and the smaller ones don't include prismnds.dll. i can't imagine why... so just try the largest one (ppc300)...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-13 7:52 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Dazz,

Now look what you've gone and done... you've got cmonex all excited

It is technically possible to make CE mount dual function devices - though it is not a question of sliding it in and walking away.

Does the solid state part of the device work (using the built-in atadisk.dll driver)?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-13 11:41 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh yeah but it was easy to achieve as i've had my eye on this card for a while now though the 128 MB could be more...
if it really works for dazz (or takwu), it'll be a hard decision for me to spend 30$ + shipping on it
 Top of the page
dazz
dazz Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 8:43 AM
#
Wow, thanks for all the info to dig into, guys! I'll be trying these tonight.

The memory portion has always worked without a problem but I really want this for the WiFi part. I already have a big enough CF card in it, just want to be able to access my WiFi network.

Thanks again. I'll let you know how I make out.
 Top of the page
dazz
dazz Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 2:27 PM
#
Okay!! Part way there!!

I used the ppc300 cab and installed directly. I got a warning message but it installed alright. Now, when I put the card in the WiFi light begins to flash. So far, so good.

What I can't use is the app that came with the card. It is designed for the taller PPC screen and I can't see the bottom buttons. I tried installing the Trial version of nyditot to get at the buttons but I had previously tried it and could not use it.

Is there another app I can use to locate and log onto my AP?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 5:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

try the senao hpc pro (not hpc2000! it isn't hpc2000 but ppc2000 and needs hacking and then it will screw your taskbar) drivers from the HCL or the hawking hpc2000 drivers
and if they do work, please tell me, if the 720 can still see the memory card too. thanks
 Top of the page
dazz
dazz Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 10:04 PM
#
cmonex, I'm stuck! I seem to have the card working as it is able to see my AP but I can't get it to connect at all.

What I had to do was install the Sandisk PPC300 cab but had the problem mentioned before about not being able to see all of the software utility.

The senao drivers did not work, so I tried the hawking drivers. They don't work on their own but will work if I have the sandisk drivers still installed.

So, right now I have the Sandisk drivers installed but am using the config software from Hawking. I can see my AP's SSID on the J720 and I know the card is working because in Ad-hoc mode my PPC can see it. I just can't connect the J720 to my AP.

I have turned off WEP for now to try and get connected and have even added the MAC address to my router software.

Any ideas?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 11:18 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh well.. i'm not sure if two different drivers will cooperate with each other this way.. i'm afraid this is the problem. can you try it without the hawking drivers? with only the sandisk original driver, and with wep turned off, so that you won't need to set anything in the sandisk config utility (and if DHCP is enabled on your router, you don't need to set ANYTHING, not even in control panel/network ).
if you can confirm they do work without security enabled (so without having to use the config app), we might find a solution for you to see the lower part of the sandisk utility.
in any case, i'm surprised that they (hawking) don't work on their own but will with the sandisk driver..
ah, i almost forgot to ask if you typed prismnds when the jornada was asking for the driver name after installing the hawking (or senao) drivers. this could be important.
and there's the compaq drivers as well, though i don't think they'll prove any better..
 Top of the page
dazz
dazz Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 3:58 PM
#
Success!!

I'm not sure what happened yesterday. Maybe with trying so many different things I confused the router. I reset it and tried the HPC and Sandisk card today and it is working!! YEAH!!!

This really does breathe new life into my J720 as I will be able to use it everywhere in the house with internet connection.

I ended up simply using the Sandisk driver for PPC300 and guessed at a combination of buttons and tabs to get around the screen problem. This would have been MUCH easier with nydidtot installed and I may just consider buying it.

cmonex, thanks for the help!

Cheers!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 4:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

WOW. so are you saying that the wlan and the memory part work at the same time? please confirm this and i'll go buy one (maybe.. 128 isn't THAT much..)
 Top of the page
dazz
dazz Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 5:03 PM
#
Yep. I am able to access the memory and WiFi.

I know that 128mb is not a lot but still nice to have that little extra.
 Top of the page
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 11