x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help using Linksys wpc11 & wifi

jab Page Icon Posted 2009-10-08 8:18 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I have just installed a linksys wpc11 wireless network card in a FEX21 HPC2000 MIPS
using the driver off the HCL it installed with no problems

How do I configure it to access my wireless router I seem to have tried all available settings with no success.

If I choose ad hoc mode it associates with a 12 digit code

If I choose infrastructure it starts scanning with no result it is set to obtain an IP address via DCHP
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-10-08 2:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The WPC11 is notoriously difficult to get working in H/PCs. (I've struggled myself with this card. ) I can only suggest that you search the forums here for other threads about the WPC11 and see if one or more of them provides an additional step you haven't tried.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-10-08 3:19 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I believe WPC11 was the card I had back when I still had my j728 and it worked quite well, but I can't say for sure which hardware revision it was... 3.0 maybe? It's been a long time.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2009-10-08 8:06 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok, wpc 11 is only a WEP security card. Methinks you might be using WPA security on your router? 12 digits doesn't sound like 64 or 128 bit WEP.

Of course, I could be totally wrong, there's a first time for everything.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10