x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SETI@Home Community Team - Come join in!

1 2 3 4
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 6:22 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I find with my current system, I can run/View two projects at the same time. Graphics is interesting.
Question. What is with the Credits?
Chris
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 8:12 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I thought they were going to do away with the classic SETI and use only BOINC SETI. Is that going to happen?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-19 9:01 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I've been waiting for them to do it since they released the BIONC client... still hasn't happened and I've not heard a date.

You should do quite well in the group ranking with that spec
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-07-26 10:51 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Ok, we need more members!!! It does not hurt. It may even feel... well... good.
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-07-26 11:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Whats up with SETI lately? I havent received anywork in over a week. I sent in the last 4 items.
Chris
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-07-26 11:10 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

has worked for me... are you using BOINC or classic? Every now and then My PC goes 3-5 or even more days without work. I try and keep my PC going %100 of the time.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-27 7:26 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Early last year UC Berkely reduced the SETI lab's bandwidth allocation, as a result they get an awful lot of overloads on their data server connections.
The best thing is to use a caching agent on classic and specify to download at least 48 hours worth of work units.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-23 5:45 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

We are coming up for 70,000 Work Units on Classic now, 10,000 of which belong to Swave!

Results received 67345
Total CPU time 50.183 years

1) Swave 10184 United States
2) mashryock 7101 United States
3) Jupps 6360 United States
4) Marcel 4858 Germany
5) spaceman spiff 4030 Belgium

Remember we also have a BOINC Grid project group, you can get to stats for both through:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/seti/group/

We're always looking for new member, new computer and new competition
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-10-23 8:33 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yes we need more than 6 active members for the SETI@Home BOINC team. almost 30,000 Work Units
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-01 6:53 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

We seem to have had an explosion in Work Unit returns recently.

Members: 62
Results received: 72037
Total CPU time: 51.840 years

We're well into the 70,000 mark now, and we seem to be shooting up the ranking very quickly at present.
I can't tell you exactly where we are these days, as SETI@Work stopped logging us

Keep on cruching
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-12-01 9:34 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

C:Amie - 2005-06-13 1:09 PM

I'm not sure how many visitors realise that the community has a Grid Computing team, it has been positioned on the home page here on Factor for years.

The Team or 'Group' as they prefer to call it is quite old now, setup in 1999 by me as it happens, it eventually became the ce320 SETI group, then TT-Forums joined in (TTF was co-founded by a community member), then Handheld Addict and Clinton Fitch (dot) Com!.

The membership fluctuates all of the time. Currently there are 61 members with over 54,500 submitted results in the SETI@Home classic team:
http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_58786.html

We also have a BOINC team (SETI v4 if you will) which also allows you to run other Grid projects such a searching for cures for diseases, or help to find more accurate ways to detect and prevent climate change using the same client:
http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=31634

It's a bit of fun, for a good cause (no matter what grid project(s) you are running) and something to talk about.
I strongly encourage rivalry and people to show off because they have higher spec systems than each other.

In order to keep rivalry at a maximum , we encourage you to create an account for each PC you use, rather than posting multiple PCs into one account.

More info on the SETI project and instructions on installing the faster SETI 3 client can be found here.
Join BOINC We have been doing well also. We need more people. I felt adding the quote to this. for the links
Edit: 7 active with 34,411.03 units

Edited by Yoldering 2005-12-01 9:40 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 7:16 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As yoldering said, it's time to join BOINC

On December 15, 2005, after 6 years of operation, Classic SETI@home sent out its last workunit. The Classic server will be accepting results for another week. The current SETI@home project is up and running. Please join us! The new software uses the BOINC distributed computing platform, which enables your computer to work on other scientific endeavors like SETI@home if you wish. We could all use your CPU cycles! It's easy to switch over - just follow the instructions on the new SETI@home web site. We hope to see everyone there!
After the last result is received, the stats for this project will be frozen but will continue to be available on the web. It may take several weeks to clean everything up and syncronize the classic stats with the current SETI@home project.

Thanks to all original SETI@home participants for their tremendous dedication to the project. You made SETI@home into something of lasting significance.

That means there are three days left to clear out work units from SETI v3

We've done exceptionally well as a team, people have come and gone, but from the slowest 486 that was processing into the team, through to the fastest dual CPU Xeon, it's been fun.

Members 62
Results received 74233
Total CPU time 52.575 years

Now we usher in the era of BOINC - at least we will on the 22nd.

Good job everybody!
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-12-20 9:26 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I am more sad than I thought I would be. I welcome you...
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-12-20 9:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I am still running BOINC. My project is over 3200 Cedits.
Chris
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 11:45 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Ok I have not been on SETI for a long time b/c of PC crash and will continue with the old old PC I have.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10