x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ActiveSync trouble with new laptop

mewiedman Page Icon Posted 2009-10-27 3:49 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I am sure this issue has been solved before, but I have not been able to find it, no matter how I have searched. I am getting the Error 678 error. I have tried numerous times to etablish a partnership. I have tried the various methods at the HP website referred to in other threads. Here is the situation:
New laptop, without serial port. USB to serial adapter (green LED indicating link). Communications Properties on the Jornada 720: `SerialPort @115k' (which is what I was using before the new laptop). At the ActiveSync dialogue box on the HPC, for the "Connect to:" pull down menu, the two choices offered are both the ID of the old laptop. I think this is the problem. I think what is happening is that the 720 looks for the old laptop ID, can't find it, and gives up. The new laptop tries to connect, but the 720 doesn't recoginze the ID of the new laptop and won't talk. Is there a way to delete the old ID from the HPC without doing a hard reset?

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-10-27 10:07 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Try deleting the registry key(s) (P1, P2) given under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows CE Services/Partners, followed by a soft reset, and see if it connects then.
 Top of the page
mewiedman Page Icon Posted 2009-10-29 12:03 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Thanks! I'm looking forward to trying that this weekend when I have time. I'll post results then.
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2009-10-29 12:09 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I didn't see it here, but if he is running VISTA on the new laptop, isn't that a show-stopper for Activesync 3.1?

Edited by Hal 2009-10-29 12:10 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10