x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP 820 backup reload

Drifter
Drifter Page Icon Posted 2005-06-14 1:33 PM
#
HP820 crashed, restored backup from desktop Windows CE service directory, but most important item, addresses did not restore. They seem to be stored on a .DAT file in the restore directory on desktop. How do I get these files back to the correct location on HP 820 and get them read by the software. I have tried draging and droping into Win CE c:\windows, no luck.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-14 3:15 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You used Windows CE Services to do it?

I take it you're not using Schedule+ or MS Outlook also?
 Top of the page
Drifter
Drifter Page Icon Posted 2005-06-15 8:07 AM
#
You are correct, I used CE Services and I do not use the software you mentioned. I just use the HP address software because I do not use Outlook on my desktop. If I did, I would have had a copy there. So my problem, I think, is how to get the HP software to see the .dat files?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-15 8:49 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Did you create the backup via CE Services's backup menu or using the Backup system in the Windows CE Control Panel?

As soon as you get this sorted out, please uninstall CE Services and install ActiveSync 3.8 (sync soft in the top navigation). CE Services is grossly out of date and not compatible with the latest Windows or Office releases.
 Top of the page
Drifter
Drifter Page Icon Posted 2005-06-15 4:32 PM
#
Right now, I'm not sure if I used CE Services Mobil backup or ActiveSync, found under tools on the menu bar. I didn't realize they were two different software programs, never gave it a thought. I probably used both without realizing it. I have two CD's which are copies furnished by a good samaritan, like you, several years ago. One CD has Win CE Services 2.2 with Active Sync for Win 98 on it and the other CD has various software, no ActiveSync. I use Win98 SE, never had a need to upgrade to XP. I do not know which, CE backup or ActiveSync, made the .dat files. Reading between the lines of what you wrote, I would think ActiveSync did it. Will Active Sync 3.8 reload the .dat files? And, where do I find ActiveSync 3.8?

The 820 was a gift from someone who had no use for it or manuals, when their spouce passed away.

Thanks for the help, it is most appreciated!!!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-15 5:19 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As I said above, from the Sync Software in the top navigation - you want ActiveSync 3.8 - NOT 4.0.

ActiveSync backups are .stg files.
 Top of the page
Drifter
Drifter Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 8:57 AM
#
Have installed ActiveSync 3.8 and recovered contact file. There are not words to describe how much I appreciate you help. C: Amie, THANK YOU and have a really good day.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 9:08 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Glad to be of assistance.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8