x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Nec 900c disconnect on connection

Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-11-24 4:16 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi,
this issue it driving me crazy. I usually connect over the net with my Samsung Omnia through bluetooth socket cf card.

It connects but on after a while it drops connection and I have to reconnect again.

I'd like to point out that I connect in the same way using my Sigmarion III and this issue doesn't happen but only with my NEC 900c. I tried also to hard reset it and install only socket bluetooth driver and Opera 8.62 but no way.

Since Omnia is a WM 6.1 and this release does not have DUN connection anymore, I use a program called PDANet that give mobile this capabilitiy.

So, what might be the problem?

Some web pages that crashs connection, cmonex 2.0 rom that doesn't handle mobile bluetooth connection properly.

If someone had the same problem in the past and worked it out, please let me know or whatever solution is appreciated.

P.S.: This happens only on mobile connections not wifi.
 Top of the page
newbornlife Page Icon Posted 2009-11-24 7:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I used to have a similar problem with my NEC 900c with cmonex2.
However my problem was with the WIFI connection.

The device would search the available networks, then was showing it connected to my preferred one and immediately after authenticating it would disconnect.

I had changed passwords, various security protocols, everything I could imagine, many soft and hard resets.
Then at some point I re-flashed the cmonex2 rom.

AND amazingly it worked. After that I could connect with no problem. Problem solved. I have no clue what was wrong though.

Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-11-25 7:41 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

So, you suggest to reflash cmonex rom. I'll wait for some other advice then I try.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-11-25 7:56 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Sly, you are setting the standard for investigation in this area...I doubt there are a handful of people using the 900C via bluetooth with a Samsung in the entire world!

Persevere!
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-11-25 11:19 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

But that was happening also with other brands of mobile. MAybe it is not the phone the problem.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-11-25 11:56 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I agree...it is not the phone, rather it is the Mobilepro itself. Something in the OS or hardware that is causing the signal to time out or drop out. Most likely it is the Socket bluetooth card and driver....but only when used with the Mobilepro.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-11-25 12:57 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

So this must be an issue of MobilePro, if I get it straight. I'll try to reflash the rom and see what happen. Thanks
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-11-25 4:23 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I doubt it was the Cmonex flash, but you might try reflashing using the stock CE.NET flash first, and if the problem disappears, then try Cmonex and see if it comes back.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-11-28 5:19 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I downgraded my NEC 900c to CE Net 4.2 and installed only Socket bluetooth driver and Opera (with Redgear). The problem presists. I tried also to install a different driver version for Socket bluetooth but nothing has changed. I noticed that, for example, when I open windowsfordevice site, after a bit of loading NEC drops connection.

It is very strange. NEC 900c let me down on this point, thinking also that this doesn't happen wiht the Sigmarion III.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-11-29 8:56 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It may be some sites are sending some special code, some java app, or something that the Mobilepro cannot interpret...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-11-29 4:01 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'd love to know a javascript code line that can bring down an ethernet interface that hasn't already cost Microsoft $4 billion.

The best thing that I can think of is that for some reason perhaps there is a buffer overrun in the NIC interface and the driver itself is throwing an unhandled exception for some reason (unknown) - perhaps the NEC can't process the established flow control negotiation correctly.

Is there an option in the driver to decrease the attempted connection speed that the BT card attempts to partner at? My unconnected thinking here is that if you can reduce the flow rate perhaps you can avoid your crashout.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-11-29 4:15 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Do you mean to decrease com port speed?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-11-30 6:27 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If it will let you, try it.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-12-01 3:17 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

No way. Even reducing com port speed on NEC result in the same issue.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.328 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 10