x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What next, my Jornada 720 crapped out

DavidEnoch Page Icon Posted 2009-11-30 1:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have been using my Jornada 720 since about 2002. I used it as a laptop replacement doing spreadsheets and word documents and also used it as my main Bible. A few weeks ago, the screen stopped coming on. I think the system is working but I only get a little glow out of the screen. I am really missing my little computer.

I want to replace it with another handheld or something similar. I don't keep up with the current technology so I have no idea what is out there that I should look for. I figure several of you have been through this and may have some suggestions.

I can always buy another 720 or 728 used.

Thanks,

David Enoch
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-11-30 2:01 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

First and foremost it could be prudent to investigate what has gone as it could be fixable.

Has the screen motherboard connector simply come loose?
If you get a torch and shine it into the screen is the display still there (i.e. the back light has died)
 Top of the page
DavidEnoch Page Icon Posted 2009-11-30 2:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I cannot see anything with a torch. Is there a technique to seeing anything with the torch? I think there is a back glow or the backlighting anyway.

I just found the tutorial about how to disassemble the 720. I could take it apart and see if the connector to the monitor has come loose. I will try that tonight.

David Enoch

Edited by DavidEnoch 2009-11-30 2:34 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-12-01 5:42 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you are seeing the backlight and no image then there is no signal response from the screen data.

If the backlight has gone but a strong front light reveals an image, then you just need to replace the CCFL
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-12-25 6:09 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Hardware Support
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9