x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help with Pioneer Avic-S2

[Frozen]
Frozen
chamz Page Icon Posted 2009-12-01 12:43 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi. I have a pioneer avic-s2 and would gladly appreciate some help if possible. My son thought he knew how to update the maps on this unit and has caused a problem. It seems he did something to where now the navigation doesn't work at all. WHen the 3 icons pop up, only the mp3 and bluetooth icons are highlighted and navigation icon isn't. When I press the map button on the unit, it says " Cannot find 'GS2Map'(or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available." I'm not as smart as most of you guys here but am desperately seeking some help. I use this unit almost everyday for my job. Thank you very much
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-12-01 7:12 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You might try reflashing it as explained here and see what happens: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Support/AVIC-S2+Software+Update

But it sounds like your son erased a critical file the OS looks for...hopefully he made a backup before tinkering with it...
 Top of the page
chamz Page Icon Posted 2009-12-02 12:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I tried this method and no luck. I followed the instructions and it seems it won't let me use the restore option. I have the original pioneer cd and original sd card of the maps and am not sure what i need to do.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-12-02 6:03 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I am assuming that GS2map is an executeable program file that needs to be copied onto the GPS from the CD (if it is there). Give us a list of what files are on the CD...
 Top of the page
chamz Page Icon Posted 2009-12-03 12:33 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I would like to Thank you for your help Rich Hawley. It seems the cd that came with the unit was to install a program by the name of ActiveSync and is used to install the original hardware. The problem I was having was the program would not run correctly on my comp so I tried my daughter's laptop and it worked like a charm. Thank you very much for your time to help me. This site gets a great thumbs up from me
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9