x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Generic CE 6.0 subnotebook - I took the plunge

1 2 3 4 5 6
sonicTH Page Icon Posted 2009-12-19 10:54 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi everybody, Can someone please send me the flashplayer files for stand alone. I want to open swf files but i can't. It is for a 'lexibook' obviulsy a poor hpc, and i want to play de games for my little sister. I will thank you if you can helpme. I'm stuck with this, I'm even learning C# to program a software to do it :S so i pray for help. Thanks.

PD: I'm from mexico so I'm sorry for my poor english see ya.
 Top of the page
sonicTH Page Icon Posted 2009-12-19 12:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, could someone please send or upload an backup for flash.dll and flash player activeX, or especifically a swf player for windows CE 5.0, please i'm desperate.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2009-12-19 2:02 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Top of the page
schlever Page Icon Posted 2010-01-04 9:34 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi All, I too bought one of these. Works great for general browsing at the coffee shop and for my camera to transfer images in the field to a usb stick from my SD cards. Just wondering if anyone has one with Skype installed. I see some of the ones sold on Ebay have it installed, but I've had no luck getting it installed on mine.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-01-22 4:20 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I think I'm getting close to making an ActiveSync connection with this device. I added usbser.dll (which was missing from ROM), and set up USB as a connection option on COM2: (baud rate 115200, 8 data bits, parity - none, 1 stop bit, flow control - none, all settings unchecked). After this repllog.exe opens when tapped, but there's no response from the PC, so I'm thinking the only hurdle now may be the cable. Some of the CE 5.0 netbooks with three USB "A" female connection points claim that synchronization can be done through one of them (meaning that the port can serve as either USB host or client). Is this possible? I'm using a cable with USB "A" male connectors at both ends, but as I said there's no response to repllog.exe on the PC end (and no response from the CE 6 device when I try to connect from the PC end). (Tried all three USB ports on the device, with the same result.) Tell me if I'm an idiot for trying this.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-01-22 5:18 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2010-01-22 12:20 PM
Tell me if I'm an idiot for trying this.

Well you should stop trying that.
All the three ports are HOSTS, no one is even OTG.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2010-01-22 12:23 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Um, it seems the device was designed without sync in mind. How about converting USB host to serial? Maybe, it's necessary to tap into the talking details of the serial connection.
 Top of the page
schlever Page Icon Posted 2010-02-02 5:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've been meaning to try syncing mine, but haven't got around to it. Will try and let you know.

Got Skype working on it as well. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll post how I did it.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-02-02 9:03 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

BTW, I suspect that my device is the one I mentioned in this thread:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14619&posts=4&start=1

The Haleron site has download links for ROM images, apps, and tools, but so far nothing actually available for download on the linked pages.
 Top of the page
schlever Page Icon Posted 2010-02-02 10:23 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yeah CE Geek that looks just like mine as well. Good little machine thus far for basic tasks!
 Top of the page
tborden
tborden Page Icon Posted 2010-02-19 9:04 PM
#
I have the same generic WinCE 6.0 model. When I click on the Battery Monitor Icon it opens an gives me battery status but none of the Power Schemes are are available. Are they all like this?
Tim
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-02-19 10:45 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's cuz the Power schemes control when the device suspends to save power - and you can't suspend this device; only full shutdown is available. You wouldn't want it to shut off by itself while you're pausing for thought while writing a book/journal/article, etc - you'd just lose everything you'd already written.
 Top of the page
tborden
tborden Page Icon Posted 2010-02-24 2:25 PM
#
My screen goes black, power saving mode, in only 3-4 seconds of inactivity. Is there a way to change this. That is way to fast. It comes right back when I touch the pad but it is still annoying.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-02-24 3:16 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Right tap on the Desktop, click properties, go to Backlight tab. There are the settings you need.
 Top of the page
tborden
tborden Page Icon Posted 2010-02-24 9:57 PM
#
Thank you. What a relief!. It was set for 1 minute to backlighting shutoff but went off in about 3 seconds. Strange.
When I boot the opening screen says:
"Microsoft Windows CE" and "System Initializing, please waiting...".
This doesn't sound right and I suspect I have a pirated or clone WinCE OS 6.0.
My machine has no labels on it and came with no certificate. Is this common on these machines?
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.263 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 10