x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Perl on Jlime (MP 900C)

stingraze Page Icon Posted 2009-12-06 2:37 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Today, I got Jlime working on my MP900C, and it boots Jlime.

The problem I am having right now is although I could get Perl installed via feed, I don't have any perl module, and my program doesn't run.

I'm trying to compile Perl from source, but when I do ./Configure, it says "I don't know where 'comm' is, and my life depends on it" . I don't know what to do from this point.

I know I need the "comm", but what is that?

-stingraze
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2009-12-06 3:02 AM
#
You'd get better results asking on jlime's forum, but anyway, only the base modules were installed. The individual perl modules are seperate packages as not everyone needs every module and it saves space. Look at http://repository.jlime.com/hp7xx/mongo/feed/base/ and install the modules as needed. Or if you have no idea what includes 'comm' install them all. It is full perl after all, just broken down in many packages.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2009-12-06 3:33 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Thank you for the tip.

I copied comm from another linux machine, and the error got fixed, but now, the c compiler is not working.

I guess I need to install perl-module-cpan

then run perl -MCPAN -e shell...

I'll try this...
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2009-12-06 9:02 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I tried installing CPAN to install new modules, but with no luck. It fails when I run perl -MCPAN -e shell. I also tried installing Perl from source, but seems like gcc or cc is not correctly installed and it quits at ./Configure.

Edited by stingraze 2009-12-06 9:04 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 25