x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Chinese GPS DVD Stereo. Map activation key

jcdub Page Icon Posted 2009-12-08 8:22 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi guys,
I have a Chinese stereo Model LS-7502 and I am having a problem getting the GPS map working. It cam e with a SD Map (Route66) on it. I checket it on no laptop and everything seems to be there including the activation key. When I select the file path and select the route66.exe. I then go to start the sat nav and it says part of the file is missing. I dont know how to activate it as it does not give me an option.

I really hope you can help.

Cheers

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ActivationKey.dat (0KB - 5 downloads)
 Top of the page
jcdub Page Icon Posted 2009-12-08 9:42 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Should the Activation key be in another format other than a .dat file? Can Wince open this file type? if not what do I convert the file to? and how?

Cheers
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-12-08 4:16 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Strongly suggest you contact the manufacturer, or the vendor from whom you purchased the device....
 Top of the page
jcdub Page Icon Posted 2009-12-08 6:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I did and they told me to try another map. They offer no back up what so ever. They have my money and dont care now!. This is the company: Linkage Shalom International Industrial Co Ltd Do NOT buy from them at all costs Useless . The actavation key is there but its a dat file and I dont think wince can read it. Everything on the SD card seems to be there
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-12-09 12:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well, whatever your problem is, it is not a problem with Windows CE. The CE operating system doesn't open the file directly...it relies on the main executeable to read the data file.

In your case, there should be a program on your stereo somewhere that looks for a ActivationKey.dat file, finds it, reads the data, and then does it stuff.

If it is just a case of the maps, try others...the device supports IGO/TomTom/papago/ and route66 maps. In other words, make sure the gps software works first...and then if it does, you know the problem lies with your map SD card
 Top of the page
jcdub Page Icon Posted 2009-12-09 1:15 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for your reply. I believe the SD is ok and the operating system I believe the issue would be the
Files on the card and in particular the activation key. This sits on its onw on the card. I had one suggestion to move it into the maps folder and try open then. I'll keep at it....
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10