x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Netbook Pro - Black screen after boot screen

struesda Page Icon Posted 2009-12-08 2:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

After flashing the OS to the 404 version, when my NBP reboots, it shows the splash screen with the loading bar, and then nothing but a black screen.

Esc-CTL-D has no effect.

I assumed I had turned it into a brick - but learning of the linux versions out there has me wanting to try to get this working again.

Anyone have any advice on what else to try.
I've also tried putting the OS images on the SD card to try to re-flash the OS, but it doesn't seem to have any effect (so I need to use the CF card instead?)

Thanks,
Steve T.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-12-08 6:44 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Try reflashing using a CF card formatted to FAT (not FAT32).

Please don't post the same question in two different threads. See Rule 8 of our forum rules:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=2

Edited by CE Geek 2009-12-08 7:04 PM
 Top of the page
struesda Page Icon Posted 2009-12-09 8:35 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Tried using a FAT16 CF card - still same thing. (is BooSt supposed to show up before or after the splash screen? - what is it doing while that progress bar is running?)

Other wierd thing - when I close the lid, the red and green LED lights come on. When I open the lid- only the green - even if I try to turn it off using the keyboard.

Any other suggestions?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-12-10 1:00 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The red light is supposed to go on whenever you close the lid - that's telling you the device is saving changes to the persistent registry. Dunno about the green light, though.

I trust you've followed each step in the readme.txt file (note in particular steps 2 and 3).
 Top of the page
struesda Page Icon Posted 2009-12-10 8:09 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

The red light never goes off once I close the lid - which has me concerned.

Do you mean steps 2,3 of the readme.txt file in the 404 OS update package from Psion? (remove files, disconnect cables)
Yes, I had done those.

I am wondering if the keyboard connection has gone bad - which would cause it not to recognize the Esc-Ctl-D combination. I may dissasemble and recheck this (I have once already) - but I'm not sure how to test the keyboard connection to be sure it is working.

Stumbing along ....

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9