x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

zues416 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-14 11:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hey I bought a hp 320 lx off ebay it came with everything but the adapter and software disk it has windows ce 1.0 and everything else when it first came out on it, but since it didn't come with the disk i downloaded the original hpc explorer and put it on my windows 98 computer, but everytime i connect them it says its connected for like two seconds then a message comes up that says the h/pc explorer version isn't compatible with my hpc is there a newer version if so where can i get it.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-06-15 6:37 AM
#
H/PC Elder

zues416 - 2005-06-14 8:17 PM
. . . is there a newer version if so where can i get it.

Unbelievably you can get it by clicking on one of the words at the top of every page on this site. I'm not telling which word tho

Ok, jokes aside. Here's the direct link to ver 1.1 download.
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/syncsoft/hpcexplorer/
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-15 7:25 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As Takwu say's, you need to have H/PC Explorer 1.1 not the orignal 1.0 release.

I recommend you follow our Windows 98 patching guide (patching & security in the navigation)
Firewalls can get in the way of the connection.

I guess making sure that it is a CE 1.0 device is a good idea as well (look for the version information in the about box in My Handheld PC or in System in Control Panel)

Also note that H/PC Explorer and ActiveSync cannot exist together on the same PC (should you have another Windows PDA)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.160 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9