x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Getting there - - but?

mel Page Icon Posted 2009-12-14 9:33 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK Gangue, tried the netbook with Active-Sync and the XP machine - not impressed with the syncing thing - tried to update every file and then again - and again - and again. Basically it updated every time I connected the two together even though there was no change in the files, but didn't overwrite the files, kept adding again. By that meaning ended up with five files all the same name and info. So NOT impressed

Then I found out I could do what I wanted to do on the wee machine itself without going near the Active Sync thingy! (All I want to do is download some HTML pages, store them, then extract some headings from those html pages in text form and store those. ) Found a 4G SD card and it's storing there OK without affecting the rest of the machine.

My next question is, anyone know if the machine will work with one of those cheap "roll-up" USB keyboards off the bay? This would make the text entry much easier?

Thanks
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-12-14 10:20 AM
#
H/PC Elder

mel - 2009-12-14 2:33 PM

OK Gangue, tried the netbook with Active-Sync and the XP machine - not impressed with the syncing thing - tried to update every file and then again - and again - and again. Basically it updated every time I connected the two together even though there was no change in the files, but didn't overwrite the files, kept adding again. By that meaning ended up with five files all the same name and info. So NOT impressed

Then I found out I could do what I wanted to do on the wee machine itself without going near the Active Sync thingy! (All I want to do is download some HTML pages, store them, then extract some headings from those html pages in text form and store those. ) Found a 4G SD card and it's storing there OK without affecting the rest of the machine.

My next question is, anyone know if the machine will work with one of those cheap "roll-up" USB keyboards off the bay? This would make the text entry much easier?

Thanks

In which case WMDC may work better for you as it has better file syncing.

Not sure about USB keyboard but most later CE should support keyboard. If you have a dektop PC check and see if your keyboard for it is USB (most are now). If it is plug that in to the little device and see if it works if 1 usb keyboard works then all should.

John
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-12-15 3:25 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Any roll-up USB keyboard should work fine. These pretty much work with any CE device with a USB keyboard driver onboard (meaning from CE 2.11 up).
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2009-12-15 6:05 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

mel - 2009-12-14 1:33 AM

OK Gangue, tried the netbook with Active-Sync and the XP machine - not impressed with the syncing thing - tried to update every file and then again - and again - and again. Basically it updated every time I connected the two together even though there was no change in the files, but didn't overwrite the files,

Hi,
Sorry for interrupting your thread,
I had similar experience with my gps, it does add this files and you cannot delete them or they loose the icon for some reason,
when I copy files to SD card, I'm getting some folders corrupted and sometimes the size of this folder exceeds the size of the SD car,
You have to reformat SD card, because you cannot delete anything, it happened many times, I am never doing it again, for some
reason never happen on my htc pharos, with micro SD.
Has somebody answer to this problem?
ojejoe
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10