x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Ordered up a Keyboard - - waiting!

mel Page Icon Posted 2009-12-15 11:48 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Tried a USB keyboard, seems to work ok so I've ordered up one of the roll up ones, and a USB mouse to make life easier with the netbook!

I reckon I've sussed out how to do what I want to do - so a final (maybe) question for now at least -!

The 4Gb SD card that I've got in for storage - I can see the text files and the html files on it and pull them up ok when I want them, and that's straight out of the package. Newbie question, should I have done a "FORMAT" on this card before I started using it or not?

The Headings (text) files average around 2Kb each or less, and the(Scripts) HTML files average around 23Kb each or less, so I should get a fair few onto the SD card - but if I transfer the card to the dextop, I can't see it on the dextop - any thoughts - mind you, it's not that important for me top see it on the dextop
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-12-15 3:59 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

That's rather strange. If you chkdsk the card on the desktop (assuming Windows NT4+, does it report issues? (Please BACKUP FIRST)
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-12-16 4:00 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Is the card an SDHC??? rather than std SD??? (will have sdhc on it)

If so I am guessing your card reader on the PC may be only compatible with std SD cards. A new card reader or USB SDHC reader will enable you to see card on desktop of that is the problem.

Cheers

John
 Top of the page
mel Page Icon Posted 2009-12-16 6:45 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

mr-mac - 2009-12-16 4:00 AM

Is the card an SDHC??? rather than std SD??? (will have sdhc on it)

If so I am guessing your card reader on the PC may be only compatible with std SD cards. A new card reader or USB SDHC reader will enable you to see card on desktop of that is the problem.

Cheers

John

Thanx John, actually just spotted this whilst re-searching problem - the dextop is an XP machine and now around three years old , so that will likely be the prob, the SD card is indeed SDHC as suggested.

When I ask the netbook to tell me about the card (memory) it says 3.8Gb and then 512Mb. So far I don't think there's enough stuff on it to make a difference to either figure
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9