x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How to program the function keys (CE5.0, CnMbook Silver)

RJ99 Page Icon Posted 2009-12-20 3:07 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

In this unit, the Fn keys currently do nothing and there is no tool for assigning them via Control Panel.

Anyone know of a utility which would enable this?

It would be a big help as would enable launching programs with a single click instead of Start/Programs/etc! (I do miss the touch screen!).
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-12-20 3:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

They'll be in the registry somewhere, but I'm not familiar with the registry structure in the CE version of the CnMBook. If someone else here has one, maybe (s)he can point you to the keys you need to edit in the registry.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-30 6:45 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Wanting to set one or more F keys on my CE 5 Konaki Netbook Wonder, I decided to investigate this further, figuring out that the normal location for this control in the registry is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Keys - but this key doesn't exist in that device (or any of my other CE 5 or 6 netbooks for that matter). I tried creating it manually, then creating a subkey for one of the keys (73 - for the F4 key) and creating Application and Path values within it corresponding to the application I wanted to assign. Didn't work. I tried changing the subkey name to 4073 (representing Win+F4), but still no luck. Am I on the right track, or is this a lost cause? (There don't appear to be any third-party utilities to assign the F keys in Windows CE anywhere on the Web.)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8