x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Synchronising Jlime and PC

Jornada+Linux Page Icon Posted 2009-12-22 9:26 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Dear Linux and Jornada users,

I'm thinking of buying a 2nd hand 680e (if I can find one, see this topic too). Is it possible to sync my Agenda/schedule with my PC if I install Jlime? I'm a Linux user per default, and I do not want to use Outlook and Windows again. Can I sync w/ Evolution or Mozilla Sunbird (= schedule addition to Thunderbird)?

I've seen some screenshots of Jlime and it is beautiful!

Best regards, Michel

P.S. Is it recommended to buy a 720 instead of a 680 for Jlime?

Edited by Jornada+Linux 2009-12-22 9:37 AM
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2009-12-22 4:16 PM
#
The 7xx (720/728) series have more ram (32mb/64mb) and a faster cpu (206mhz arm) which makes it possible to use firefox (on a 728) etc. The 6xx series is stuck to gtk1 applications because of less ram (16mb) and slower sh4 cpu. As for syncing i don't remember. Never tried it. Might want to check the jlime forums on that.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Jornada+Linux Page Icon Posted 2009-12-22 5:19 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I noticed that there is a special Jlime forum. I'll ask there if they know on what Linux application their PIM (agenda/schedule) is based. Chances are that the agenda file that is maintained by Jlime is some sort of "classic" like mbox is for storing emails. That way one can copy the agenda from Jornada to PC, if I'm lucky.

Thnaks for the info.
 Top of the page
Jornada+Linux Page Icon Posted 2010-03-14 4:21 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Saw my own post again here. Well, problem solved. I bought a Jornada 710 and I can synch w/ opensync. Made a little shell script for it:
http://jlime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2818
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 1.968 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9