x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Changing Jornada 720 backlight

ntware Page Icon Posted 2009-12-28 11:19 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi guys,
My recently bought Jornada 728 came with a lot of problems. That's the risk you get buying old stuff. But I love this little machine and since my last Jornada 720 died (motherboard burned) 2 years ago I never bought another. But now I decided to enter into the HPC world again.
Anyway, after about 2 months my "new" Jornada 728 started presenting some keyboard problems. I was easily able to replace the keyboard with my old Jornada 720's keyboard. It was working flawlessly. But then, a few days ago, I started to notice some screen problems (touchscreen). Things got worse everyday. So finally I decided to replace the screen with the one from the dead Jornada 720. Unfortunally, this screen's backlight isn't very good. It's a little bit yellow. I remember that many years ago I found on the internet a guide teaching how to change the Jornada screen's backlight. Googling it again now showed to me that the site with this guide is offline.
Is there anyone at this forum that knows how to do that? Can someone at least point me the right direction?

Thanks

Thiago Alves
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-12-29 12:47 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Hardware Support

There was a thread here where someone was supposedly able to replace the backlight CCFL with LEDs. (I don't recall whether it was Jax184 or someone else. ) Have a search of the forums here to see what comes up.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9