x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Six doubts with J720, aid me

1 2
adrianovrm
adrianovrm Page Icon Posted 2005-06-15 10:02 PM
#
l have two jornadas, one J720 and one J728 and some questions about :
One : How can l comunicate among them through IR port ? L´ d like to share files through IR as l do between my jornada and a Desktop PC using ethernet connection -> mapping resources . and how can L map a folder from my jornada on my DESKTOP PC ?
Two : Is there any manual explaining how can disassemble the jornada, or some pictures explain that process ?
Three : L want to run programs of the pocket 2002, so l´m having some problems at finding the DLL´s files (avgshell.dll, gx.dll, .....). can someone aid me with a link to download that files ?
Four : The main memory of the jornada is socket or fixed at the motherboard ? can l exchange the 32MB module by a 128MB or greater chip ? or l ´m limited to the 64MB that is installed at the J728 ?
Five : Some programs that l install are giving the follow message : ´the path of the application or some component can not be found´. one example of this is the installation of the IMOV messenger. Why am l taking this problem ? How can L solve it ?
Six : With the new MESSENGER 7.0, will the IMOV continue work ? if not ? is there any messenger client that still work with the MS messenger 7.0 and how to configure it ?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-15 10:26 PM
#
H/PC Elder

If you need your 720 to talk with 728, as in beam files around via IRDA, use TotalCommander.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 7:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

1) You need an IrOBEX application - Total Commander can do it, and there are a few others. You cannot map resources with Windows CE it doesn't have a server service or file sharing layer.

2) I'm working on a video guide outlining the procedure, as it's a little more complicated than pictures can do justice to. Stay tuned.

3) It's AYGShell and you can just install GAPI from www.wincesoft.de to find a H/PC gx file

4) It's specific to the Jornada and also attached to the ROM

5) You've installed the wrong CPU / Platform version of the program; source a H/PC2000 Arm version

6) MSN 7's changes to the MSN Messenger Network are trivial, as iMov is Jabber, you just need a protocol secure Jabber server to sign in
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 8:40 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

adrianovrm - 2005-06-16 4:02 AM

l have two jornadas, one J720 and one J728

me too

Three : L want to run programs of the pocket 2002, so l´m having some problems at finding the DLL´s files (avgshell.dll, gx.dll, .....). can someone aid me with a link to download that files ?

http://izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 9:52 AM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2005-06-16 6:40 AM

adrianovrm - 2005-06-16 4:02 AM

l have two jornadas, one J720 and one J728

me too

http://izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php

oh cmonex and adrian ... you two deprived two other folks of the J72x experience!!
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 11:32 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Lol Snappy!, i've a 728 and three 720's, does that means i've deprived 3 persons from the hpc experience?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 12:36 PM
#
H/PC Elder

matrixcore - 2005-06-16 9:32 AM

Lol Snappy!, i've a 728 and three 720's, does that means i've deprived 3 persons from the hpc experience?

grrr ... yes! ...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 5:10 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Snappy! - 2005-06-16 3:52 PM

oh cmonex and adrian ... you two deprived two other folks of the J72x experience!!

no, i didn't, my 720 is waiting for to be sold to one of my relatives, as soon as he gets the money for it
 Top of the page
pro_01 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 6:09 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2005-06-17 12:10 AM

no, i didn't, my 720 is waiting for to be sold to one of my relatives, as soon as he gets the money for it

cmonex - 2005-06-16 5:10 PM

well, cmonex, in case your relative has trouble getting the money, you can always sell it to me. i won a J720 on ebay, but the seller would not contact me for a week (and a negative feedback he gets for that), i just bought another one, but am still wondering whether the seller will contact me. it seems my end of the world is like cursed. for <deleted> sake, i am willing to pay for it IN ADVANCE, what's wrong with these people?! anyway... as i said - if i don't get an ebay J720 and your relative doesn't get his money, call me

Edited by C:Amie
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 9:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow, you don't live too far from me (well at least from a point of view... compared to the US for example) i hope you'll manage to get another 720 but if not you might have a chance for mine
 Top of the page
pro_01 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-26 2:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

i got one of the jornadas shipped on friday and am waiting for the other to ship the next week. so hopefully i will be ending with two 720's... which is quite unfortunate, because i spend quite a lot of money on them... so i will have to try and sell one... once i get them both, of course
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-26 5:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

congratulations on the two jornadas
you could try and make them more popular in bulgaria, so sell one of them there
 Top of the page
Scala
Scala Page Icon Posted 2005-06-26 8:18 PM
#
Hey Im looking for a J720, have to send one out here
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 3:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Amie:

Has the video been completed and if so where can I get it?

I am a newbie to this forum but have used a J680 daily since they came out many
many years ago. It died several months ago-backup battery problems-sync problems etc.
I have bought numerous parts to fix it to sell it-I could have used a video. Even as careful as I was-the clips for the screen ribbon holder snapped off so basically the new motherboard is shot as the retainer bar doesn't hold the ribbon in place. I don't think I am going to bother as I have now have 2 J720's (one that is brand new but was dropped and has a working but damaged cover and marked screen) and 1 that is perfect (as well as Rocketman's updated 728 ram (2 of them)).

I can't believe I used the 680 all those years with its limited memory and speed.
The 720 with the 728 memory is a great machine-I have followed instructions from your forums re: use of Pocket PC programs and have everything working fine-many thanks to cmonex and the files on his web-site. Connecting wirelessly to the internet on the 680 was a joke-on the 720(8) its great-with Mini-Stumbler I can connect quickly to our city's free wi-fi hot spot in the downtown of our city.

I live in Waterloo, Ontario where they make the Blackberry-but the smart phones & Pocket PC's etc are just too small-I get emails with 30 page attachments in pdf, tif or word format-reading them on such a small screen is not worth the trouble. I don't need push email for 30 page messages.

It all comes down to needs and functionality-I only hope my J720's (728) lasts until I retire in 10 years-its a perfect compliment to my docked Tablet PC. I may even start playing some games on it-now that I have GAPI working. If there is a video-I would like to get it as I want to replace the screen on the broken J720. Re-assembling the 680 was not as simple as I thought.

Great forum-thanks for all your help.

wildbill
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 3:30 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Aha, it's not so much the hoarding of 720's that's at issue. As long as they are plentiful on ebay there's no need for finger pointing

But.... there is a limited supply of the 728 boards, and congrats to those that got one. And a paux on whoever got mine . Actually, there's no-one to blame. I could have ordered one but my first 720 is mint and I don't want to crack the case or mess it up in any way.

And my second 720 was buggered and had to get sent back, so nothing I could do there. Anyhow, my 2nd 720 is on the way and perhaps anothr batch of boards will surface. In the interim I'm examing the replacement of the 720 ramchips with 128Mb chips. I can only hope.

edit:I heard on CNN there is a remote chance the 'berry may have to suspend sales because of a patent problem. Having said that, I think push em for huge files on small screens is lame. That, and the cost of data plans in Canada is pretty steep. Fine if your employer pays, lousy for the sole end user.

Edited by wallythacker 2006-01-26 3:35 PM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 11