x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-12-30 1:00 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I wanted a spare notebook PC to handle simpler tasks, and for that I didn't need something new and big, so I picked up an old IBM ThinkPad 240 running Windows 2000 on eBay (44 USD including shipping). It was up and running nicely as soon as I got it, and I noticed it's nearly identical in size and layout to my WorkPad z50 (other than the nice 10.5" screen on the ThinkPad):

(IBM Pads 1.JPG)

(IBM Pads 2.JPG)

(IBM Pads 3.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IBM Pads 1.JPG (91KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments IBM Pads 2.JPG (78KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments IBM Pads 3.JPG (91KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-12-30 7:26 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Twins for sure, except that one of them has ADHD
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2009-12-30 8:36 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Congratulations on the reunion of twins separated at birth (and once again, a member here shows us rank auction amateurs how its done... nice price... I just seem to run into people (i.e. other bidders) that these old machines must be made of gold, and bid accordingly...)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-12-31 2:07 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Hey, I just got lucky - it was a BIN price, and I stumbled on it on Xmas night. But I also found a second as-is ePods whose auction happened to end on Xmas, and got that for $10 plus shipping when no one else bid. (My presents to myself. )

It just takes a lot of patience and a little flexibility on item specs. (I was looking for Win2K from the beginning, but I had to settle for a lot less RAM - 64 MB - and a much smaller hard drive - 4 GB - than I was hoping for. Heck, even my z50 has 48 MB of RAM.) But I admit I wasn't expecting to find a PC clone of the z50.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9